Thursday, February 09, 2012

Airplane Ick

"Good" Evening, Kittens!

So, it seems I caught a bit of the Airplane Ick. I felt fine when I returned from Vegas on Monday night. And, I awoke on Tuesday refreshed and ready to take on the day. However, by lunchtime, my throat started to feel a little rough.

After lunch, I went to the drugstore and purchased some Airborne chewable tablets. Unfortunately, by Go Home Time, things were worse. I stopped by the Whole Foods to purchase ginger and lemon to make my ginger/lemon/cayenne elixir. It helped; however, when I got up on Wednesday morning, I knew I couldn't make it to work.

I had to take a sick day, which sucks because I don't have much paid time off (PTO) left. My PTO reboots on March 1st. I think I may have to take some unpaid leave for the upcoming President's Day holiday. We shall see ... *ugh*

Anyway, I lounged around all day Wednesday, napping, reading, watching DVDs. I did manage to do a load or two of laundry. And make a delicious black bean soup. At least, I am assuming it is delicious. With the copious amounts of snot blocking my nose, I could only taste the cumin in it. Good thing I like cumin.

Today, after a very unpleasant night of little sleep, I felt well enough to go into work.

Hopefully, I am on the mend ... If I survive work tomorrow, I am planning a relaxing weekend of staying at home. I might do some grocery shopping and go to the pottery studio on Sunday, but that will be about it.

Have a great evening!
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Boo to illness! Yay for recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon, man! I dont like it when your glittery-ness is subdued by illness.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never good with good has ironic quotes.

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael has The Ick but is finally starting to feel better today. I hope you are better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can read, you are not that sick. The worst is to have fever, and headache, and you cannot even find the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete