Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why Being a Contractor Sux

Good Evening, Kittens.

As you may recall, I am a government contractor. And, today was one of those days which exemplifies why working as a contractor sux sweaty ballz.

First, I had to sit through a two hour long meeting o' drivel. DRIVEL!

Then, when I got back to my desk, my company called. Guess what? The organization for which I work has not completed our contract renewal information. And, that is bad because my contract expires in a week and a half.

My company (the sub-contractor) is working on it. The prime contractor is working on it. The agency in charge of the contracting vehicle is working on it.

Who isn't working on it? My clients. Some of whom I would call totally incompetent except it would be an insult to totally incompetent people.

GAH!

So, in two weeks, I'm going to have to report to company headquarters (which is VERY FAR AWAY) for a few days. If nothing is resolved, I will (more than likely) be furloughed until the contract is renewed ... and who knows how long that will take? (at a minimum, like, if everything goes through tomorrow, it could take up to 4 weeks).

OMG. So forking frustrating.

Next week, my primary work goals are the following:

1. Look for a new job, and
2. Start cleaning and organizing my files so that I can make a quick escape if need be.

Because, trust me, if this contract is not renewed, my clients are not going to get *any* of the work I have put in.

(Of course, this happens every time my contract comes up for renewal, so I should be used to it by now. Still, it's annoying. And stressful. And I needz a new jerb).

Now, off to throw my laundry into the dryer.

*smooches*

1 comment:

  1. Sounds stressful! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete