Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Update: Run and Fun Edition

Good Evening, Kittens.

And, *ugh*, blogger has a new look. So annoying to try to figure it out.  Bleah.

ANYWAY, lots has been going on in Vutopia recently.  First, I received a call from the Brooklyn DA.  It would seem that a bandana recovered at the scene of my mugging last year had a DNA hit ... And, now, I may be extending my upcoming trip to NYC for a day in order to testify in front of a Grand Jury.  Good times.  Even if nothing comes of my part of the case, this kid is going to be put away for quite some time, I think.

And, as a bonus, the DA's office will presumably pay for me to change my train ticket.  Huzzah.

As for my weekend, I didn't do anything on Friday night except go to bed early and sleep late (well, late for me.  I woke up at 7:30).  Saturday was our co-op's yardwork day.  I weeded.  Spread mulch.  Trimmed bushes.  Good times.

And on Saturday night, I went to bed VERY early, because I had to get up at 4-fucking-30 in the A.M. to get ready and drive to Alexandria for the Parkway Classic 10-Miler.

It was cold and rainy and gross, but I had a very good result (for me), about 11 minutes faster than my Army 10-Miler time last Fall.  Yay me.  You can check out my results here.  Afterwards, Mario (who also ran) and I made a plan to go out to lunch together.  However, by the time we both got cleaned up, neither of us wanted to do anything.

I took a nap.  It was loverly.

And I had a martini.  It was also loverly.  Hurray for International Liver Resting Week 2012 officially ending!

Later, I reconnected with a cute neighborhood boy - 31, 5'11", 155 lbs.  He came over.  We watched "Down With Love" and then had lots of fun times.  It was during those fun times that this happened:



Oh, yeah. There's a funny story behind this bruise that I may share some day.


You see what happened was we were on the sofa and my arm was underneath him.  I went to move my arm from out from underneath him.  I sort of twisted my arm and it hurt and then there was this huge bruise.

I am so delicate.

Like a precious flower.

But, still, good times.  I kicked him out a little after 9 so I could go to bed and get some rest.

And that was my exciting and fun-filled weekend.
Hope yours was equally as interesting!
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. You're as delicate as a rare orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, if you're gonna get a nasty bruise while having fun times with a cute, younger, sexy man, I would hope the story would be more exciting than that! Frankly, man, I'm disappointed. :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting up early to go running sounds just awful. To each their own, I guess.

    I'm going to have to agree with Polt on his comment ; ).

    ReplyDelete