Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Flight

Good Evening, Kittens.

I am back to work. *ugh* The 5:15AM wake-up time is as awful as I remembered it being. And the people I work for are as clusterfuckified as I remember them being. Although I am glad to be gainfully employed, I totally need a new jerbz.

Anyway, Monday night, I got a couple of pieces of pottery back ... the platter pictured above, this soup mug-like thing:

Soup Mug?


And another platter, which will be a wedding present for some friends who are getting married next week.

And, on Tuesday, my first day back in the office, the Space Shuttle Discovery stopped by to say "Welcome Back to Work."

My co-worker and I climbed up on the roof on the south side of our building, and I managed to take a short video:



And, there you have it. Good times for all involved.

*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous, too10:53 PM

    I wish I had been there to see Discovery make its final flight -- or could be there in a week or so to see Enterprise make its final flight on its way from DC to NYC. (And, too bad the Smithsonian is giving up the Space Shuttle Enterprise. I saw their exhibit on Star Trek's 25th anniversary. It would have been way, way cool to see the Space Shuttle Enterprise as a backdrop to the Starships Enterprise for an exhibit on the 50th anniversary in 2016!)

    BTW, stick a pillar candle in that mug-like thing and remember the rhyme "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick. . ."! It doesn't have to go to the Island of Unwanted Toys after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mug-bowl would be perfect for ice cream - on cold days, the bowl wouldn't make you colder, and on hot days, your body heat wouldn't melt the ice cream!

    Dammit, now I want ice cream

    ReplyDelete