Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Update: Not Much of Nothing Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

I've had to "work from home" today. Tomorrow, I go back to work. On the one hand, I will be glad to be getting a paycheck. On the other of the hands, I am not looking forward to getting up at 5:15AM. Ugh. So. Friggin'. Early. Somehow, I suppose I will survive (and, more than likely, my survival will include the consumption of large quantities of caffeine).

ANYWAYZ, my weekend ... It was a whole bunch of nothing ... the highlights being that on Saturday I met Ray for brunch in DC. AND, I managed to (1) not drink and (2) go home alone. Yay me! (Although I have to admit, brunches where I (1) do drink and (2) go home with someone tend to be a LOT more fun).

Not that brunch with Ray wasn't fun. It was. It's always good to catch up with him.

Once back in the Spring, I stopped by Pacers to pick up my Parkway Classic 10-Miler race packet. The shirt is REALLY nice, a New Balance running shirt. Sweet. For dinner, I made miso soup and kimchi fried rice.

And, by "made" kimchi fried rice I mean "heated it up in the microwave." I did make the miso soup from scratch though.

Here's a picture:

Nom nom nom nom nom


And, thanks to Tomokito, I discovered my love for Trader Joe's Kettle Corn Cookies. I think they are made from Pure Evil, because I can't stop eating them.

On Sunday, I did some of the stuff that I'd been putting off during my Unfortunate (Not Quite) Unemployment. I cleaned the bathroom. I put together several packages to mail. And, I ironed a metric shit-ton of shirts (15, actually).

Then, I went for a walk. On the way home, V called. He was on his bike near my building. So, we met up and chatted (just chatted) for awhile. That was fun.

And, that was about all of my excitement.

Hope your weekend was more wonderful than mine!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. The highlight of my weekend was dinner at Taste of Thai. Delicious!

    5:15 is sooooooo early. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5:15, huh? Well suddenly my 5:30am wake-up doesn't sound so bad! Scratch that. It still sounds bad. (When did we become so old and responsible-like? This sucks!)

    -Dr. Liz (and not Fiona the dog, who also gets up at 5:30, but then after a quick trip to the backyard curls up in a ball and goes back to sleep)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me hungry. And glad that I don't have to wake up at 5:15.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry you have to get up at such an ungodly motherfucking hour.

    ReplyDelete