Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Jenny and Me Go Together Like Peas and Carrots

Good Afternoon, Kittens!

As you may have heard, I am currently in contractual flux with my job. As of Monday, I am on Leave Without Pay until (possibly) April 16th. WFT?

My company is going to try to throw me a couple hours here and there, but still. Leave. Without Pay. GAH!

Fortunately, I have my tax refund and my end of year work bonus to tide me over during these Dark Times. So, I have been spending my days (well, day and a half, so far), blobbing on the sofa, taking naps, and drinking myself into a slobbering sobbing drunken mess.

More productively, I have also planted lettuce and carrots (pictured) in my little garden plot. I went to pottery class ... and I plan to go to pottery studio a couple of times this week. I will also be updating my resume and doing a little job hunting. Good times.

Yesterday, my college friend, Karalee, and I went to see "The Hunger Games." Both of us have read the book. And, while we enjoyed the movie, felt that it did not quite live up to the book. As SCGB said the other night at dinner, "There was no hunger in these Hunger Games."

Also, I have either a slight cold or some sort of pollen allergy (possibly dogwood). It is yucky. And, I am thinking I may have to postpone my date (and sleepover!) tonight with K. Alas.

And, that's about all my news for now. Stay tuned for exciting updates later in the week.

Have a great day!
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about your job! I hope that you get back to work when they say.

    I saw the Hunger Games twice. I think that the first time, I was too excited and therefore, disappointed. The second time, I enjoyed it a lot more. I was able to just sit and enjoy. But you're right.. not nearly as good as the book.

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave without pay? That's horrible? Why didn't you win the lottery?

    Can't wait to see your garden growing.

    I haven't seen the Hunger Games yet (read the books). From the previews I noticed the actors looked pretty well nourished. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave without pay sucks! I hope the bonus this year is generous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotten to where I can't watch movies based on books that I've read. I know that they won't hold up to the movie that played in my head while reading, and I don't want to spoil that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought 5 furlough (unpaid days off) days this year @ my company sucked. Leave without pay? That's even worse. I feel your pain (sort of).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:15 PM

    if it is a full week. file for unemployment.

    ReplyDelete