Sunday, November 04, 2012

Weekend Update: Not in Atlantic City Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

This weekend, I was supposed to meet my friend, V from Philly, in Atlantic City; however, that trip did not happen.  Something about a Frankenstorm and most of Atlantic City being washed out to sea ... oh, well.  I was very disappointed.

Luckily, V from Philly decided to come here.  Yay!

He arrived Friday night.  I had been out to happy hour with a co-worker and former co-worker.  We basically blobbed on the sofa, drinking beer and watching DVDs.  Then, we went to bed.

On Saturday morning, we took our time getting out of bed, but eventually made it up to Eggspectations for brunch.  Where I was reminded that I am not a huge fan of the hollandaise sauce. Then, we took the metro into the DeeCee.

First stop was the Million Puppet March Rally.  It was kind of a bust.  There were definitely not a million puppets.  But, yay for support for public broadcasting.

We, then, wandered over to the US Botanic Gardens.  That was nice.  Lots of plants.  I took a few pictures:

Coffee BeansCoffee Beans!


PurpleOrchids!


At the US Botanic GardensUs!


Then, we walked over to the National Museum of the American Indian for awhile.  After wandering through the exhibits, we decided to find a place for happy hour.

V used some sort of app and we learned that the Hamilton has happy hour from 3-6 with half-price sushi.  So that's where we went ...

Navy Strength Gin MartiniThe Leopold's Navy Strength Gin (114 proof) Martini was regular price. $11 though


As you may remember, Leopold's is my favorite gin in the world!  I had never had their Navy Strength Gin.  I ordered it as a martini and the bartender said, "Boom!" and set about making it.

The gin was super smooth and tasty, but -let's just say this- it set me on the road to ruin.

We ate our sushi.  I had a beer.  And, then, V wanted to walk to the White House (it was only a few blocks away). 

After taking a few photos, we walked up to Lincoln for more cocktails!  I had two there, the Donkey (a blueberry-infused gin cocktail.  Tasty), and in honor of my powerless friends in the Northeast ...

ManhattanA Manhattan!  YUM!


Then, we walked up to Logan Circle to meet Mike (Who Makes Cakes) for dinner at Logan Tavern.  The wait was about 30 minutes, so we walked to Nine to grab a cocktail (2-for-1 happy hour!  Oh, yeah!). I had some sort of gin/lemon thing.  It wasn't very good.

We ate dinner.  It was yummy.  I had the vegetable side platter - broccoli, mashed potatoes, and roasted butternut squash.  Mmmmm.  I also may have ordered a Stoli Doli (pineapple infused vodka martini).

After dinner, we walked back to Nine.  We ran into some more friends there.  After a little while, I was ready to go home.  We were lucky enough to catch a bus and made it home quickly.  Yay!

And, then, I went to bed.

This morning, we woke up.  Yay for an extra hour of sleep!  And, then, went for a run.  I ran 8 miles.  V ran 6.  We showered and walked to El Golfo for brunch.

When we got back, we took a nap on the sofa and watched DVDs.    And, then, we went up to Adega for an early dinner.  V left from there.  So I am home all alone and probably going to go to bed early.

It was a busy fun weekend for sure.  I hope yours was too!  And, if you want to see a few more pix from the weekend, they are on flickr.
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Sounds busy, fun, and boozy. My weekend was none of these things. /pout

    ReplyDelete
  2. we walked up to Lincoln for more cocktails

    I didn't know they served cocktails at the Lincoln Memorial! Finally, a way to make history fun...

    Sounds like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mashed potatoes? Best weekend ever!

    (Looking cute in that orange scarf, too : ).

    ReplyDelete