Sunday, September 09, 2012

Weekend Update: Ann Arbor Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

First off, my horrible week at work filled with much stress and dread turned out to be not so horrible after all.  I am still proceeding with caution, but I think the worst might be over.  YAY!  Still.  I need new jerbz.  Must get out of the craziness soon.

On Friday, I left work after lunch to head to Ann Arbor, MI.  My co-worker drove me to Greenbelt Metro, so I could catch the express bus to BWI.  I got to the airport super early.  I had time for a couple of glasses of wine before boarding.  Yay!

Once I arrived in Detroit, my superfantastic cuzin had arranged for a car service to drive me to her house.  Yay!  Easy!  Convenient!  Comfortable!

We quickly ate some Chinese take-out.  I freshened up.  And, then, we all worked our way over to GayProf's BF's house for GP's Tenure Party!  Yay for Tenure!  The party was full of boozy good times!  And lots of delicious food!  And -OMG!- SuperBoozy, yet Extremely Delicious, Bourbon Champagne Punch.  After three cups, I was three sheets to the wind.  I'm not 100% sure what time we left, but I don't think I got to bed until around 2:30AM.  Ughz.

Saturday morning?  Very.  Over.  Hung. Brain was soooooo fuzzy.  We were all pretty useless on Saturday, but we did manage to drag ourselves out of the house for brunch/lunch and a little shopping in Downtown A2.  SFC's Hubby bought a game, which we played.   I can't remember what it was called.  Something Haunted House Something?  Maybe?  It was pretty fun.  Except the part where SFC killed her Hubby and the Poltergeist killed me.  That sucked.

AND, then, we went over to GayProf's house for dinner.  His BF was too overhung to attend (boo!).  But, we had Manhattans.  and then dinner (salad, brussels sprouts, and spicy mac 'n' cheese).  And, then, there was SuperTasty Pecan Pie for dessert.  Followed by After Dinner Drinks and fun conversation with the GP!

This morning, there was much blobbing around the house and conversation with the Cuzin.  And, then, we had lunch and a drive to the airport.

So sad to leave the SuperFantasic Cuzin.  *sigh*

On the plus side, I was able to arrange a ride from BWI to home.  This guy who I met on the Grindr and with whom I have been playing Words With Friends agreed to pick me up.  He was very nice (and also cute).  6'4".  PhD in Civil Engineering. Originally from Sierra Leone.  Once home, he came in for a little while.  Which was also fun *wink wink* ...

And, then, I ironed shirts for the week, made dinner, and -soon- I will be heading to bed.

Hope your weekend was also SuperFun!
*smooches*


4 comments:

  1. I want boozy good times with GP too! Dernit. Glad he got tenure though. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, too10:19 PM

    Congrats to GP on getting tenure!

    And I need. . .NEED. . .the recipe for Bourbon Champagne Punch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, a Poltergeist, would never kill you sweetie. :) And yay for Sierra Leone, 6'4, *wink, wink* fun. And for ironing shirts afterwards...not my idea of post coital funtimes, but hey, to each their own. :)

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  4. GP is always up for boozy good times with whoever comes along. . . But boozy good times with VUBOQ are extra fun.

    ReplyDelete