Thursday, September 13, 2012

And I Could Walk 5000 Steps

Good Evening, Kittens!

This week at work, I've been participating in some sort of Walking contest sponsored by the Occupational Health and Safety Office.  I got a pedometer and have been wearing it from 9 to 5 as I go about my daily bidness.

The annoying thing is that I start work at 7:30.  BUT, I guess they want to make the contest fair-ish.

Fair or not, I am still losing.

On Monday, I walked 5,661 steps ... about 2.5 miles, maybe?  That night, I found out that K also has a pedometer.  So, we decided to have a little contest on our own (Tues-Thurs, b/c he's going out of town for the weekend).  The loser would become the Personal Sex Slave of the winner for ALL TIME!*

On Tuesday, I walked 7,740 steps.  K did not walk that many.

On Wednesday, I walked 13,401 steps. K did not walk that many either.

I also did laundry.  And, then, when I went to cook dinner, I sliced open a delicata squash from our CSA.  and the seeds were all rotted and gross.  I spent the next 15 minutes calling people I know to see if they knew if the flesh was still edible.  No one answered their phones. WTF?  Srsly.  It was a crisis!  And, no one answered their phones.  Eventually, a friend of mine -who is a chef- did answer.  and, he said, "Throw that bitch out."**

So I did.

I also learned who to call in a Crisis Situation.  Thank gawd I didn't need to be driven to the hospital or anything.

And, today, I walked 10,406 steps.  K did not. I AM THE WINNER***!!!  YAY ME!!! 

Tomorrow, I am going to a symposium on DC green buildings.  SCGB will be there.  We are going to have lunch.  And, in the evening, I am having Happy Hour at the Nellie's with Eric from Baltimore, Tomokito, and many, many others.

And, I have no plans for the rest of the weekend.  I am going to clean my house.  And run.  And grocery shop.  And -maybe- work on my (stalled) kitchen remodeling project.

Good times, Sweet Kittens.  Good.  Times.

*smooches*

*OK.  This may not be entirely true.
**OK.  He may not have said those exact words.
***The actual prize is dinner.


1 comment:

  1. The loser would become the Personal Sex Slave of the winner for ALL TIME!

    This sounds win-win to me.

    ReplyDelete