Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Week Update: There and Back Again Edition

Good Evening, Kittens. 

It's been awhile since my last post, so we have quite a lot of ground to cover.  I'm going to skip the Giant Cesspool of Crap which is my job and focus on the Fun Stuff.

On Wednesday, after work, I headed over to K's condo for an Adult Sleepover.  He made caipirinhas (I am not sure I spelled that correctly ...).  I brought over most of my CSA vegetables, because I would have no opportunity to use them.  And, then, to use one of Mush's favorite phrases, he fucked me through the bed.  It was quite lovely.  And, luckily, my back seemed to hold up ok.  It was a little twingy the next day, but not too bad.

Thursday evening, I did laundry and packed for my trip to New York City!  The Very Large Apple!  Yay!

My train was super early (6:30AM).  On the plus side, it meant I got to Uni-Qlo right when it opened.  No lines!  No crowds!  It was a beautiful shopping experience, except I had trouble finding somethings in my size.  That was a minor problem, because I still came away with all this:

Uni-Qlo PurchasesCute Short Sleeve Light Purple Polo not shown (b/c I wore it Friday night)


After shopping 'til I dropped, I headed over to Jake's.  On the way, I stopped at Enid's for lunch - fried green tomato BLT (hold the B) and cocktails!

Fried green tomato BLT, hold the B.


Jake and I blobbed around until we left to meet David at this cute little vegetarian restaurant, Soy and Sake.  Very tasty.  We had the "chicken" satay and "ham" and collards spring rolls for appetizers.  And, then, I had the "lamb" curry.  Nomz.

After dinner, we walked over to the river.  And, then, had gelato.

UntitledPlease note the cute polo


The next morning, Jake and I got up at 7 and went for a run.  Well, I went for a run.  Jake rode his bike. 4.5 miles.  Not too shabby.  We got back.  Got cleaned up.  Lounged a bit.  And then had brunch at Lokal.

Liquid Brunch in BrooklynHonestly, I had solid food, too.


Then, I blobbed on Jake's sofa and watched a Dr. Who Marathon.  For, like, ALL DAY.  We eventually went to dinner at this really yummy Mexican place that had delicious infused tequila margaritas.  I had cucumber marg with jalapeno-infused tequila.  And a grapefruit marg with habenero infused tequila.  The food was also good.

Once home, we watched the Dr. Who season premiere.  How very exciting.

On Sunday, we slept in a bit later.  No running!  And, then, had brunch at a little Korean-y place in Greenpoint.  Their house bloody mary had kimchi in it.  Yum.  And the food was tasty too.

That afternoon, Jake went out to hang out with his mom.  I blobbed on the sofa, and then headed to Queens (!) to hang out with my friend, Minn, and his hubby.  Minn is heading to Luxembourg in a few weeks for a year (possibly longer) grad school program.

Untitled


And this is the view from the roof of their apartment building ...

UntitledThis might be Manhattan?


We had drinks and food at some Eurotrash restaurant in Astoria.  And then more drinks back at their place.  Good times!

On Monday, we slept in.  Yay!  And, then, went out for bagels and coffee.  Then, I headed into Manhattan.  I needed to pick up my pants from Uni-Qlo (free hemming!).  And, then, I met SuperCute Enrico at a bar in Penn Station for a quick minute as he caught a train and I was waiting for mine.  And, then, David joined us.  Yay!

And, suddenly, it was time to board my train back to the DeeCee.  I love taking the train!  BUT, passing through Philly always makes me sad.  I want to disembark, eat Capagiro gelato, and have boozy good times with Bossy and Lora.  And I want to eventually meet (Soon to Be Famous Author) Nicole.  And to hang out with V.

30th St Station.  Miss you, Philly Phriends!


But, sometimes, when GAWD shuts a door, s/he opens a motherfucking window ...

UntitledThis was my view for a good portion of the trip


And, I finally arrived in DC.  Metro'ed home.  Ate dinner.  Went to bed.  The End.

(A few more pix on the flickr.  I haven't had time to title/tag/whatever them yet, though).

Hope you had an enjoyable Labor Day Weekend! 
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Sounds very fun and exciting and even a touch exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food, friends and something else that starts with "f". Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
    *And getting to see David P. and Enrico sounds like the icing on the cake : ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple polo, free hemming, cute Asians, NYC, David P, Enrico, Doctor Who marathon, train ride, cute eye candy ON said train ride, multiple drinks....what's NOT to love about this post!!! Glad you had such a great time.

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Enrico is SuperCute Enrico and I'm just David? Hmph!

    ReplyDelete