Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekly Update: Time Flies When You Don't Do Much Edition

Good Sunday Morning, Kittens. 

I can't believe I haven't updated all week.  Remember when I used to update daily/several times a day?  Yeah, me neither.  ANYWAYz, work has been work.  Everything is spiraling down into a cesspit of despair.  One colleague put in her two week notice, and the rest of us are frantically looking for different jerbz.  I don't think my situation is as shaky as some others', but, still, the handwriting is on the wall ...

Besides work stress, I did go running 3 times this week.  Yay!  I am thinking of waking up early in the morning to run, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.  It would involve me getting up around 4:20AM.  Which means, I will need to go to bed around 8:30 or 9.  That seems ridiculously early. I may give it a try for a week or two to see how it works.  I'll let you know.

On Thursday, I took a long lunch and met Carolyn and Kristen.  We haven't hung out together in YEARz.  so that was fun catching up.

On Friday, I met up with V for drinks and dinner.  We got a free drink at the first bar (Sidebar) and over-charged one drink at the restaurant (Pacci's).  So, I guess it all balanced out.

Yesterday, I ran errands.  I pickled the purple carrots.  That was a little disappointing, because they were only purple on the outside.  I was hoping they'd be purple all the way through.  Oh, well.  I had some leftover brine, so I also pickled some cherry tomatoes.  We'll see how that works out.  The carrots are delicious.  I threw in a jalapeno and a serrano chile, so they are a little spicy.  Nom.

Pickled purple carrots!


And, today, the only plan I have is to head over to K's this afternoon to hear about his trip to Brazil.  He's going to make caipirinhas. That should be boozy good times. 

I should also iron.  And clean out the litter box.  Oh, boy.  Who knows how to have a good time?

Have a great day!
*smooches*


3 comments:

  1. I ironed and cleaned out the litter box today. We're practically twins!!! Although I'm unlikely to have boozy good times later, only because I'm too damn lazy to make my own drinks. I need a live-in cabana boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to work stress! At least you will look fresh and crisp in all those ironed shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how tasty a purple carrot would be, but I KNOW it would look FABulous!

    Work stress sucks. hope yours subsides soon

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete