Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sort of Like a Weekend Update+ Edition

Oh, hai, Kittenz!

Apparently, none of my local Kittens want any of my crappy pottery, so I guess I am going to be forced to leave it on the side of the road or throw it into Sligo Creek as a gift to the Pottery Gods.  Oh, well.  Crappy Pottery is so unloved.

(Alternatively, it could be that there are no Local Kittens, but the thought of that gives me the sadz.  Begone Sadz Thoughtz!)

When you last read VUBOQ things were peachy keen and we were on the Cusp of a Brand New Weekend.  Well, that weekend was chock full of fun and excitement.

On Friday, I had Happy Hour with my co-worker, Tomokito, Bobby (formerly known as Steveandbobby), and Jerry at Nellie's.  My co-worker left and the rest of us were joined by Mike (Who Makes Cakes) at Alero, where we had many, many margaritas.  At least, I had many, many margaritas.  

Saturday, I made marinara sauce.  And sliced up watermelon. Because I had early Sunday morning plans, I stayed in, and I watched the second Sherlock Holmes movie with delicious Mr. Downey, Jr.  It was fun.  If only we could all survive our drug addictions and age so very, very well.

Sunday morning I was up early to metro to the National Airport to meet my friend, Allison, who had a long layover.  As soon as I walked in to the airport, she texted, "I overslept and missed my flight.  Sorry sorry sorry."

*sigh*

So, I treated myself to boozy breakfast at the airport.  And, then, I headed into the DeeCee to do a little museuming ...

*rawr*


And have a date ... with a guy who should be totally my type and I should totally be into him ... but I'm not.

Yet, we still may (or may not!) have eventually had sex back at my place.  The biggest turn-offs: (1) We didn't have interesting conversation; (2) He lied about his age (by 10 years.  Admittedly, he looks young enough to be the age he said (which was my age).  But, still, honesty is important); and (3) well,  maybe if we meet, I'll tell you in person ;-)

On Monday, I was off!  Yay!  I walked to the post office and mailed a package. I bought a PowerBall ticket ($320 million, you will be mine!).  And restocked my likker cabinet (I now have MOAR BOOZE!).  I am sure I did other things, but having the Moar Booze means not having the clear recollection.

Oh, I just remembered.  Tomokito and I made watermelon martinis.  YUM.

And, the rest of the week has been a blur of activity.  Mostly with work drama.  I had to change work stations.  Now, I can't find anything that I need.  And they haven't switched my phone yet, so I'm not getting any calls. Which might actually be a good thing.

And, now, I'm doing laundry. 

You wish you had my life!

Have a great rest of the week!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Why do people lie about their age? It's not like it won't come out eventually. There is a local guy here who has now made himself a notorious punchline. He is pushing 50 but continues to claim he is "37." Who does he think he is fooling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Sherlock Holmes 2 was kind of a snore (maybe because I expected more after the first one). But Lane was in it!
    Watermelon martinis sound delicious.
    Laundry does not sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete