Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Update: Over-Eating Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!  I hope your weekend (and the last of last week) was full of fun and excitement and delicious foodz.  Mine sure was!

On Thursday, I made like an animated rat and made ratatouille.  The photo on the left is the Pre-Cooked Ratatouille.  I found a recipe in my Mark Bittman cookbook, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, which included instructions for a stovetop version.  It was super easy.  And really yummy.  Yay!

Plus, it used up almost all of my CSA veggies for the week.

On Friday, I *finally* had my hairz did.  I missed my last two appointments because of my back and the training I went to.  SO, it had been almost 12 weeks since my last cut.  UGH.  My hairs were driving me crazy.  On the plus side, I suppose, is that you can now see what my actual natural hair color is ...

And this would be my actual natural color.So dark!  So gray!


Fortunately, an hour or two later, I was restored to my full blond glory ...

My Natural Color
I had hoped to meet up with Mike (Who Makes Cakes) afterwards, but he had plans.  Instead, I headed home.  As luck would happen, I ran into my friend, V, in Downtown Silver Spring.  We went out for a couple of happy hour beverages before he met a friend for dinner.  Good times.

On Saturday, I got up and did some cooking.  SCGB was hosting a birthday picnic in Meridian Hill Park.  So I volunteered to make a pasta salad and boozy punch (hurricances, using a mix my coworker brought back from New Orleans).  I also made a salsa puree ...

This morning's experiment - chili salsa puree?


The picnic was a lot of fun.  Good food.  Good conversation.  Boozy beverages.  Yay!

AND, today (Sunday), I got up and went for a run, my first run since my lower spine exploded. I was very slow, 3.2 miles in over thirty minutes (10:13/mile).  But, my back didn't hurt.  Which is a good thing.  Maybe I will be able to run the Army 10-Miler at the end of October after all.  *fingers crossed*

When I got back from my run, I had to rush around, because I had to meet Carolyn at El Centro D.F. on 14th Street at 1PM for brunch.  I got there just in time ... and survived the torrential downpour on the way.

The food there was soooo good.  They have a $35 all you can eat/drink brunch.  I had some yummy tacos and huevos con chile relleno and some more tacos and guacamole and a few too many micheladas (spicy tomato juice and beer).  THEN, we topped it all off with Mexican chocolate waffles.  OMG.  Died.

Carolyn drove me home (yay) and I fell asleep.  I pretty much have spent the rest of the day being all horizontal.  Although, I did iron about 6 shirts.

All in all, a totally fun weekend.

*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. If I had to wait 12 weeks for a haircut, I would have just shaved it all off. You are a model of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria12:42 PM

    Just FYI, I think you look nice with the dark hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a vegetarian taco. How does that work?

    ReplyDelete