Monday, June 04, 2012

Weekend Update: Sticky Crows Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

What a crazy ass drunken weekend I had.  Whew.  I am worn out, but it was so worth it!

On Friday (did you see the photo of the kittens a co-worker rescued and brought into the office?), our client let us leave a little early, so I headed out to the Logan Circle area to meet with some visiting Canadians, Tornwordo and Serge.

We planned to meet at 5 at Number 9, a very good bar for happy hours with its two-for-one drink specials from 5-9.  I got there around 4:30 and it was closed.   Gah!  So I went two doors down to the Commissary to partake of their happy hour (which involved $4.75 watermelon margaritas.  Oh, yeah!).  Torn and Serge found me there and they are as cute in person as they are in pictures.  Yay!  We had a couple cocktails at Commissary and, then, headed over to Number 9, which had finally opened.  And, we had a few more cocktails.  And, met some very talkative (and probably intoxicated) young'uns.  After the kids headed to Bear Happy Hour at Town, we walked down to Thai Tanic for dinner.  Mmmm.  Vegetarian Drunken Noodle.  Nom Nom Nom.

And, after dinner, we decided to go to a restaurant/bar near their hotel, Lincoln.  They serve classic cocktails there.  And they were tasty.  And the bartender gave me a free one "for being local."  Yay for being local!  Yay for free cocktails!

Then, we parted ways and I worked my way to the bus stop in a torrential downpour.  Luckily, the bus stop was (relatively) close and I only had to wait a few minutes for the bus.  By the time we got to Silver Spring, the rain had stopped.

Saturday morning?  Very.  Over.  Hung.  I blobbed for most of the morning.  Isabella wanted to be fed at 7AM.  Gah.  Around 2PM, I realized that it was supercool outside so I went for a 6.25 mile run.  Yay me!

Then, I had to get ready to go to a wedding reception.  The Happy Couple married in April in the Virgin Islands.  And this was their reception for their friends/family.  I had invited M to go with me, but a few weeks before the party, he remembered that he had to go to NC for his niece's high school graduation.  Gah.  I scrambled around for a date, but everyone was busy.  K wouldn't get back from NYC until 930PM.  R had plans.  V had plans.  And, I am so over asking D to do anything that I didn't even bother (turns out he was in Orlando running a half-marathon anyway).  So, I put on my suit and a happy face, fortified myself with a margarita, and ventured out on my own.




UntitledAll suited up


Once the likker kicked in (free beer and wine!), the party got fun.  There was dancing.  And drinking.  And me not eating nearly enough food.  And more drinking.  Oh, and a photo booth (oh hell yeahz!)




UntitledMe and the Bride


The party ended at 10:30 and I ended up heading out with a bunch of drunk people to another bar somewhere in DC.  We stayed there until the bar closed.  And then I was all like, "I don't know where I am."  So I texted K.  And he picked me up (I must have asked the bartender for the address) and drove me to his place.  YAY!

Of course, I may have been very drunk and pretty much passed out as soon as I got to his house.  Oops.

The next morning?  V. Over. Hung. K had to go help some friends, so he left around 10AM.  I managed to get out of his house at 10:30.  Yay me!  And, luckily, there is nothing weird about wandering around in a suit at 10:30AM on a Sunday morning ...




Untitled


I got home around 11:30 and fell asleep until about 2.  And, then, Torn texted, "Want to meet around 5:30?"

Of course, I did!  We met at Nellie's.  The weather was really nice, so I thought the upstairs deck would be awesome.  Unfortunately, every other gay in DC was thinking the same thing.  Crowded!  Loud!  We went down into the main dining area, ordered some appetizers and drinks there.  Much nicer.  Then, we walked down the street to Alero for margaritas and yummy Mexican food.  Mmmm.  Spinach enchiladas.

After dinner, they headed out and I went home to bed.  Yay bed.

And, that was my superfun, uberboozy weekend! I may need the rest of this week to recover.

Hope your Monday was AWESOME!
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous, too10:59 PM

    Was it "Drunken Vegetarian Noodle" or "Noodle for Drunken Vegetarian"?

    And Isabella was only reminding you to drink some water and take an aspirin, but I'm sure she thanked you for the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear for your liver some weekends, while at the same time being wildly jealous of your social life. Sounds like fun times, what you can remember. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo jealous of your Torn time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally jeolous you got to meet Torn/Serge AND Cupcake all in one year!

    And there is NOTHING wrong with wandering around in a wrinkled suit on a Sunday morning. Done it myself once. Course, I puked twice while doing so, so the less said about that time, the better.

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, boozy good times with VUBOQ! It was so fun to meet you, wish we could have stayed longer. I'm soooo going to blog this weekend I swear!

    ReplyDelete