Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Weekend and Mid-Week Update: I Would Have Blogged Sooner If I Hadn't Been So Overhung Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

I have a precious few spare minutes, so I thought I would take a few moments to update you on my SuperFascinating Life!  Don't you feel special?

I'm sure you do.

Anyway, the Big Excitement last weekend was Tomokito's Green Card Party on Saturday.  Hallelujah!  She (and her husband) is (are) finally (a) legal resident alien(s) (or whatever the term is). 

Apparently, some time back, Tomokito and I were sitting around drinking (imagine!) and I drunkenly slurred something along the lines of "if you ever get your Green Card, I will buy you a pair of Manolos."

I have NO recollection of ever saying that.  However, the first thing Tomokito did after finding out that she *may* be getting her Green Card was to say, "Woo hoo!  You have to buy me a pair of Manolos."

Which, after all the expense she put into getting the GC, I was happy to oblige.  Fortunately, Tomokito has many, many friends who all love her dearly.  They were happy to contribute to-what I dubbed- the Manolo Fund. 

And, at her party, we presented her with the Very Tomokito, Very Beautiful, Very Sparkly Manolos pictured above.

Also, we drank a lot.

Oh, and the party was held in both our apartments: Bar Steven and Club Tomokito.   If you knew the password, you could enter.  Ha!  Lots of people.  Lots of food.  Lots of good times. Did I mention we drank a lot?

Sunday.  Very.  Over.  Hung.

Sunday evening, I met my friends (and newlyweds!), Barbie and Ken, for dinner at Mandalay.  YUM!  Except I was still a bit overhung and couldn't eat (much) or be super entertaining.  Gah.

Monday morning, I was also a bit draggy. Grrrr.  And at work.  Which sucks most of the time.

Tuesday, we got our CSA Veggies.  And, I broke a shoelace.  AND, I went to K's for an Adult Sleepover.  Yay!

Except, there wasn't much sleeping.

Today = Very Groggy.

BUT, I (and 2 co-workers) did go to a yummy Pho place for lunch.

And, now, I am celebrating Summer Day 1 with a martini (or two)! 

Also, I am doing laundry.

I do have all the fun. I know you are totes jealous.

*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Tomokito!

    Oh, and the last time we were drinking together, your promised to buy me a Dodge Challenger if I got tenure. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:35 PM

    I literally gasped when I saw the pair (and you saw it)...They are sooo *me* :-) Thank youuuuuuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I LOVE those shoes. Congrats to Tomokito and husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, too10:58 PM

    Those shoes look sparkly, and stylish, and lethal. Kind of like some of James Bond's weapons and gadgets over the years. Maybe these should have GPS, laser beams, jet engines, and 24/7 roadside assistance!

    Still, Tomokito and her hubby deserve congrats and prezzies for their accomplishment. (Um, what did you get him -- Gucci loafers?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first saw the shoes, I thought, "Hmm, well if he can wear them, more power to ya, VUBOQ" :)

    Congrats Mr. And Mrs. New Green Card Holders!

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete