Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekend Update: Inside We Are All the Same Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

Pride Weekend comes to a close. And, I did absolutely nothing Pride related, other than being Gay and Out and About.  Which, I suppose, is the point of the whole thing.

SO, on Friday, I left work a *smidge* early to go to the doctor.  Good times.  Luckily, all is well :-) ... Then, I booked it to Union Station and hopped on a train to Baltimore.

My friend, V from Philly, wanted to meet up for the Orioles-Philly baseball game.  So, I was all like, OK.  As long as it doesn't go into extra quarters or anything. (and there ends my "haha VUBOQ doesn't know anything about sports even though during the game, much to the surprise of V, he accurately called a particular hit as a ground rules double" joke).

The game was fun.  Much beer was drunk. 

Here's a picture of us at the game:


Baseball! Sport! Dribble! Court!It's not the cutest picture I took, but, if you're a friend of mine on the Facebooks, you've seen the cutest picture already


After the game, we went out for foodz.  To Maisy's.  Somewhere in downtown Baltimore.  It was tasty.  And the drinks were on a Late Night Happy Hour.  w00t!

Then, we drove to Eric from Baltimore's place, where we had another drink.  Watched some VH1.  Talked a bit.  And then fell asleep.

On the floor.  Eric from Baltimore only has one bed.  So V and I had a sleeping bag and a blanket.  And I learned that I might be too old for the whole floor-sleeping thing.  The next morning?  Very owie.

We all got cleaned up and headed out for brunch ... to Miss Shirley's.  It was superdelicious.   Then, Eric from Baltimore went to work.  V drove me to the train station and headed out.  And I took the train back to the DeeCee.

When I finally got home, I was so. very. tired.  I took a nap.  And woke up way too late to make it to the DC Capitol Pride Parade.  Oh, well.

Instead, Tomokito and I went to dinner at Pacci's ... a yummy little pizza place on Georgia Avenue.  OMG.  We totally stuffed ourselves ... and this was dessert:


Limoncello shortcake at Pacci'sLimoncello Shortcake


Sunday (aka today), I went for a 6.4 mile run.  And, then, I went to the pottery studio.  And, then, I decided not to go to the Pride Festival, because, OMG, it was so forking hot that I practically melted.  Instead, I went to the Whole Foods and the Adega.  And then I came home and drank green tea vodka with peach lemonade.  Yum!

Look.  Here's a mug:


Mug


And a bowl:


Bowl


I guess that's about it.  Tomorrow I am off!  HURRAH!  Plans include: Trader Joe's, cleaning, pottery studio, and adult sleepover.  Yay for plans!

Hope your weekend was super awesome!
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Pride is where you make it. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gay pride in San Diego is July 20-22. Hint, hint...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Parade was great this year, sorry you couldn't make it. Next year, perhaps. And I totally understand the "too-old-to-sleep-on-the-floor" deal. Bodies over a certain age just aren't made for sleeping there. :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete