Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Update: LIke a Good Neighbor Edition

Good Morning, Kittens! Grab a cup of coffee and let's chat about our weekends ...

Friday, I had a chill evening at home, watching Charlie's Angels, Season 1, on DVD.  Oh, yeah.  Good times.  A HUGE storm came through, so that was fun.  Luckily, my building didn't lose power.

On Saturday, I did lots of blobbing around the house.  And I cooked up some of my CSA veggies.  I did a stirfry with sweet onion, green squash, and tatsoi (which is some weird Asian leafy green).  AND, I threw in a jalapeno that I grew in my "garden."

That afternoon, Tomokito had a small gathering at her apartment.  K-Factor and the Canadian were there.  And Eric from Baltimore came down.  And, I invited V (not the V in Philly, the V that lives up the road a ways).  Lots of boozy good times.  Then, V, Eric from Baltimore and I went to dinner.  Yummy Yummy Thai Foods.  Mmmm.  Tasty.

After dinner, Eric from Baltimore headed back to Baltimore and V and I headed over to the Avalon Theatre.  Last year, at the Gay Men's Chorus of Washington's Gala, I won a ticket package (two tickets, popcorn, two sodas) in the silent auction.  I sort of forgot I had them, and they were set to expire this month.  So, V and I went to see Hysteria.  It was cute.   Funny, but not hysterical (see what I did there?).  I am glad I saw it for "free."

On Sunday morning, I woke up early and went for a 7.25 mile run, while it was still cool-ish.  Then, I went to the pottery studio.  I trimmed and attached handles on two mugs.  The three big bowls I made are still not ready to trim.  Hopefully they will be by next Sunday.  I also threw a vase.



Untitled


That afternoon, Tomokito came down and Mike (Who Makes Cakes) came over and we watched Battle Royale, a Japanese movie that is similar to The Hunger Games.  It was a good movie.  Very interesting.  The twist is that the kids in the Japanese movie are classmates, so they all know each other.  One would imagine that killing friends is more difficult than killing strangers.

After the movie, Mike and I went to dinner.  El Golfo was closed for a wedding party (boo), so we went to El Gavilon.  The food there was good.  But it was karaoke night.  Loud Spanish karaoke night.  Good times.

And, there you have it.  I am also off today with plans to go to the grocery store to buy kitty litter and go furniture shopping in Alexandria.  I also have to iron.  I have so much fun.

Have a great day!  *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the furniture hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Battle Royale after hearing people complaining that The Hunger Games ripped it off. But I think they were different enough. It was better than I thought it would be.

    Why do I always crave Thai food after I read your blog???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun weekend. Ya know, usually when I throw a vase, I've got to clean up the shards afterwards. :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete