Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bed Blogging

Good morning, Kittens, and greetings from where all the action happens - VUBOQ's bed!

A funny thing happened yesterday. Instead of spending my extra day off shopping for new furniture and running other errands, I spent it in total agony. My back had been bothering me slightly for about 2 weeks. But, over the weekend it felt better.

On Monday, I woke up pain-free, made coffee and sat on the sofa to work on my computer for a bit. An hour and a half later, when I stood up, there was major back pain. I decided to go back to bed to see if it would feel better. It didn't. In fact, it got worse. And I started to panic.

My phone was in the living room and my front door was locked. No one could get in if I called for help. Not that i could call for help. Because the pain was so bad that I couldn't stand up, I forced myself to crawl to the living room to get my phone and unlock the door. Then, I fell asleep. I called a neighbor. And I emailed my doctor, who faxed a prescription for pain meds and a muscle relaxant.

My neighbor has been very good - checking on me, providing a heat pad, bringing me food, and picking up my pain meds. The muscle relaxant won't be in until this afternoon. Looking forward to that!

So that's my story. Pain. Agony. Trying to use the toilet when I can't stand or sit without extreme pain. Good times. One more hour 'til my next Happy Pill.

If you have my phone number, text me. I'm bored. Or take your turns in WWF (I'm sed317) and DrawSomething (I'm sed317md). Entertain me!

And, have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. I am so sad about your back. Hopefully the drugs get you fixed up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh feel better REAL soon! I hate it when you're not glittery due to pain!

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. That does not sound good. My oldest son has been having bad back pain recently, too. (What, one may ask, is good back pain?)

    I hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Poor you! I wish I was closer, I would come visit and try to cheer you up.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete