Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wetlanta

Good Afternoon, Kittens!

Greetings from the City Formerly Known as Hotlanta. The past few days have been rainy and muggy.  Blah.  Today seems much nicer though.  And, my afternoon class was cancelled, so I have some time to update Ye Olde BloggyThing ... and possibly catchup on some Sligo Co-op business. Or go for a run.  I ran 4.67 miles on Tuesday.  And, here's an interesting factoid: Atlanta? It is not flat.  It is HILLY!  Gah.

Anyway, I arrived on Sunday afternoon.  D was nice enough to offer to drive me to the airport.  Hurrah.  I took the train from the airport to the hotel.  Easy Peasy!  and only $2.50.  Bargain.  I checked in. Unpacked.  Took a nap.  And, then, searched for a place to eat.  I ended up at Mellow Mushroom, only a few blocks away.



Pizza. There may also be beer.Yum.  Pizza.


My days have been mostly the same.  Class.  Break. Class.  Lunch.  Class. Break.  Class.  Dinner. Blob in my room watching cable.

Dinner last night was special though.  I met up with my friend, Patty, who I used to work with in Japan.  She is totally awesome.  And we had a great time catching up.  Our first stop was this local donut shop, Sublime Donuts.  I bought an assorted dozen to take to class this morning.  They were tasty (see picture above).  Then, we went to Cafe Sunflower, a vegetarian (possibly vegan) restaurant.  The food was delicious.  I had some sort of polenta dish.


And here is a photo of Patty and Me:

Aren't we cute?

Once I got back to the hotel, a handsome young man contacted me via the Grindr, so I invited him over.  I had told myself I wasn't going to entertain guests this trip, but -OMG- this guy is soooooo totally my type: tall (6'4"), big (225 lbs?) but not fat (y'know, sort of football-player-y thick), 35 years old, shaved head, beard, dark skin, beautiful eyes, great kisser ... *sigh* ... We had a lot of fun.  And, I am hoping for a repeat performance tonight.  We shall see ...  

And, that's about all the news that's fit to print.  There are a few other Atlanta pics on my flickr.  

Have a great day!
*smooches*


2 comments:

  1. Good for you for keeping up the running regime while traveling! I almost always use travel as an excuse to avoid exercise.

    I want the doughnut shaped like an "A."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're squeezing in some fun. And doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete