Monday, March 26, 2012

Week Update: OMG, Where Have I Been

Good Morning, Kittens.

It has been awhile, hasn't it? Sorry about that ... Last week was a bit of a hot mess. I had to go to Franconia-Forking-Springfield every day because my contractual issues still had not been worked out. Of course, they still haven't been worked out, so I am on Paid Leave this week. More on that later ...

The only good thing about going to Franconia-Forking-Springfield was that I got to hang out with Amy, the Blogger Formerly Known As Shallowgal. She took me out for lunch one day. We went to this cute little Thai place. I can't remember the name. Bangkok something? It was delicious.

Friday, after work, I met Eric (Not From Baltimore), his boyfriend, and another friend of theirs for happy hour/dinner. We went to Sidebar/Jackie's in Silver Spring. The cocktails were delicious (highly recommended!). The service was lackluster. And, the food was also quite tasty, but -in my opinion- over-priced for what it was. So, go for the cocktails. Have dinner somewhere else.

Saturday, my co-worker, Dana, took me to Frederick (MD). The weather was crap, but it was still fun. We ate yummy food at some organic/all-natural restaurant. Very healthy. We walked around for a bit. Then, had beer and fried foods. And, then, we drove back.

I headed to Ulah Bistro on U Street to meet my aunt and uncle, who were visiting from Maine. It was good to see them and catch up, for sure.

Then, on Sunday, I went for a 10 mile run. Ugh. So dying. And, afterwards, I went to a friend's birthday brunch at Beacon Bar and Grill. This friend is a guy I hooked up with during the Summer of Fun a few summers ago. I think he still has a bit of a thing for me. At the brunch, I sat beside this really cute guy, K. We talked quite a bit. And drank a LOT of mimosas.

After the brunch, most of the group went to Nellie's for more drinks. Yay! K offered to drive me to the metro station. And, we decided to take a detour to his house. Much fun was had. He mentioned that it would be OK if I stayed the night (believe me, I was tempted), but I had to get home to watch the Mad Men season premier at Tomokito's place. So, he drove me to the metro station. I got home just in time to put on my comfy pjs and grab a bottle of prosecco.

Mad Men was awesome. 'nuff said.

As I mentioned, my contract is still in flux, so my company said that I could scrounge around for work all week or I could take a week of leave. I opted for the leave, mainly because I didn't want to spend a week being a go-fer and traveling to Franconia-Forking-Springfield is EXPENSIVE.

So, today and tomorrow, I am kicking it at home - relaxing, cleaning, doing some yard work, job-hunting, etc. Wednesday-Friday, I am going to Philadelphia. I splurged and am staying at a kind of expensive hotel, but I'm worth it :-)

I think that brings you up-to-date. Have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. A week of leave is great (even if the circumstances are crummy). Yay for detours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are worth it.

    You are always on the go. I hope you get some quality blobbing time in on your week off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, too11:16 PM

    I wish I had a week off about now, so enjoy yours. Remember to give sufficient attention to Psychokitty Isabella, so she isn't tempted to physically get all psychokitty on you. Remember, she has weapons, and she knows how to use them (apologies to ZZ Top).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like walking around Frederick, the downtown area with all the shops and the riverwalk...kinda reminds me of Georgetown a lil bit.

    And yes, you ARE totally worth it.

    Have fun!

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete