Thursday, March 15, 2012

Quoth the VUBOQ, Nevermore!

Good Evening, Kittens.

Apologies for the lack of postings, there is something about waking up earlier than normal to commute to Baltimore and getting home later than usual that is, like, totally exhausting.

Yeah, so I was at this conference for 3 days. It was good. I learned a lot. And, there was a lot of free time ... Unfortunately, Eric from Baltimore was too busy (*cough* he hates me *cough*) to hang out during lunch. As were a couple of other friends. *sigh* Somehow, I managed to survive on my own ...

So the highlight of Day One was this:

Eggplant "Meat"loaf Sandwich from B & O American Brasserie


Also, two glasses of wine. It's OK to drink during lunch ... at a conference!

The highlight of Day Two was this:

When in Baltimore ...I'm not even that big a fan of the EAP, but when in Baltimore ...


Also, beer. And a little more beer. And, then, I may have had some more beer. (What? It was beautiful day, and I found a patio. It's allowed.)

The highlight of Day Three was this:

Take that, Conference in BaltimoreThis might be what it looks like.


Are you sensing a theme?

Seriously though, the conference was pretty good. Most of the sessions were informative. I made some good contacts at the Expo. AND, I am pretty sure I'm going to win an iPad.

One of the vendors had a contest. To enter, you had to write down what this fluorescent light fixture was thinking. (I know. Weird.). So I wrote:

"Turn me off (even though I like to be turned on)."

I think that has winner written ALL OVER IT.

AND, you may be surprised that in a conference filled with facility managers, engineers, and construction guys, I deemed myself to be the Most Fashionable ...

Jacket by Uniqlo, Shirt by Ralph Lauren, Good Looks by the Grace of God


Also, Miss Congeniality. There are a few more pix in my Baltimore Conference Set.

In other news, it is the Ides of March. I hope you are bewaring ... especially because it is, perhaps, better known as the Best Day of the Year Eve Eve. You may want to start rushing all those presents to Fedex/UPS now.

OMG. I'm going to be 42. Does this mean I'll start developing moobs?

Have a great evening!
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. When are you not the most fashionable and congenial?

    One of my techs recently asked if I have moobs or mitties. I told her I was the President of the Itty Bitty Mitty Committee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There isn't a John Waters tour in Baltimore? That seems sad to me.

    You will never have moobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I always think you're younger than I am? Oh right, it's cuz I'm a gramma in a (late) thirty-something bod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have gone to see Duff at Charm City Cakes and order yourself a grand birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have, too, but I have Mike (Who Makes Cakes) and he always makes me a fabulicious birthday cake!

      Delete
  5. 42? Well, you'll always be younger than me at least!

    If you don't win with that entry, I'm leaving the planet.

    ReplyDelete