Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Weekend Update: It's a New Year Edition

Good morning, Kittens.

Happy New Year! 2012! Woo hoo!

My weekend was quite busy and fun. The New Year's Eve Eve Happy Hour was a blast. We started at Nellie's and then had dinner at Alero. Yum!

New Year's Eve Day, I had this plan to do lots of cleaning ... only, when I started the process, I realized I was pretty much out of all my cleaning supplies. Durgh. I did manage to tidy up my bedroom and clean the bathroom. The rest of the apartment will have to wait until next weekend. I can clean and undecorate at the same time.

For New Year's Eve, I hung out with Tomokito and (No Longer a Baby) Baby Hana, drinking sake and watching Project Runway DVDs. We also watched a bit of Anderson and Kathy and the big ball drop. Then, I went to bed.

New Year's Day, I had a very boozy brunch with A. Then, we went to a very boozy party. A drove me home. He mentioned that he thinks we should start seeing each other again. I told him that would not be a good idea. The friends thing would work best for me (and him, I think).

And, on the 2nd, I met Carolyn and Dana for brunch at the Tabbard Inn, near Dupont Circle. Very nice food. Good conversation. I got home, and Tomokito came down for drinks. Then, I ironed clothes for the week, made a quick dinner, blobbed on the sofa, and went to bed.

Not a bad start to the New Year, fer sure.

Have a great day!
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. I built Ikea furniture. Yay! I wish you would come and iron for me. I have not ironed in weeks it seems and I'm down to my last pair of dress pants which means breaking down tonight and doing at least one pair of pants. Blah. I hate ironing.

    Hope 2012 brings you all manner of wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a fun start to 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ended up staying in after all (Harry was asleep on the couch all evening). Hurray for traditions! He woke up long enough to have a glass of champagne with me at midnight though.

    Sounds like your year is off to a great start. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete