Saturday, January 05, 2013

Sickbed Update: I'm Sick Edition

*cough* *cough* *hack* *sneeze*, Kittens!

And, greetings from my Sickbed!  I have been homebound since Wednesday after work.  Slight fever.  Bad cough.  Gross, snotty nose.  It has been really good times.

Also, I am bored.

I have read the entire Percy Jackson series.  I watched all three Lord of the Rings movies (extended editions!).  I am still flipping through the cocktail book pictured above, which Tomokito gave me for Xmas.  And, I'm also still looking through the vegetarian cookbook Michelle M sent me.  Yay!  I purchased "Cloud Atlas" for my nook.  I read "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoe" by the same author and really enjoyed it.  I haven't started reading "Cloud Atlas" yet, because I need to finish "Diet for a Hot Planet" first. 

But, mostly, I blob on the sofa (or my bed), drinking Magic Elixir, blowing my nose, coughing like there's no tomorrow, and sometimes falling asleep.

I was too sick to go to "Million Dollar Quartet" at the Kennedy Center last night.  Boo.

And, I have no energy to clean my home ... which needs to be done soon.  I am having houseguests in two weeks.  GAH!

Also, I need to start training for the NYC Half Marathon (on the Best Day of the Year!) ... 

AND, at some point the new kitchen project starts up.  CRAZYPANTS!

I guess that's all my news.  Time for some more green tea with lemon and honey!

*germy smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Everyone I know has the "sickness" ....Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been achy and headachy and fatigued (oh and whiney about it all) but it could be worse (no fever, chills, puking etc). Hope you feel better soon.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. add some whisky or rum to the hot tea, it may not make you better but you won't care so much after a while... Much sympathy on the Ick, I had it all Christmas and still have laryngitis :-(

    I thought cloud atlas was even better than the thousand autumns, will be interested to hear how you get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete