Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Update: I Ran All Night Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

Not much to catch up on from the week.  Work is work.  I missed pottery class last Monday (sore back.  bad rain.  lazy).  My date with the SuperHot Trainer Guy got postponed (again).  His other job keeps him very busy, and he has to work late a lot.  *sigh*  And, I did laundry.

This weekend, however, quite a bit happened.

I decorated for Halloween.  Meaning, I put up my Halloween lights, including the Cute New Mummy Lights I got using a Target gift card I found the other day.

THEN, I got a package:

Cute Nu Shooooz. Early Xmas present from the folks. Yayz!


Cute Nu Shoooooz!  They are an early Xmas present from my parents.  Yay for parents who support your bad habits!

That evening, I met SCGB at Adega for wine and carb-loading.  I had (most of) a ginormous flatbread pizza.  YUM!

And, on Sunday, I woke up SuperEarly.  My co-worker and her BF picked me up and we headed to the Army Ten Miler. 

I had a pretty good run.  It wasn't as fast as i wanted, but my bad back and being sick the last two weeks hindered my training.  Also, the last two miles were pure torture.  According to my Nike+ GPS watch, the last two miles were also my fastest.  And, I finished the race with a time of 01:26:30. About 8:30ish second miles. 

I came in 6306th place overall (out of 21912).  In my division, Men 40-44, I was 790th (not sure out of how many).  And out of all males running, I was 4941.

My time was almost 13 minutes faster than last year.  Of course, last year, I was recovering from surgery. 

The sad thing about running this weekend was that I missed a 20th Reunion Brunch with several of my college friends and professors.

What a fun group of people, no?

ANYWAY, after the run, in order to avoid the ubercrowded metro system, co-worker, her BF, and I went to lunch at Pentagon City Mall.  And, then, we headed home.

I showered and took a nap.

And watched DVDs.  And knitted.  And then had a martini.

And, then, somehow, ended up inviting a Cute Neighborhood Guy over for an Adult Sleepover.  That was fun.  He left around 8 this morning to go to work.  I am off.  Yay!

I need to clean.  Iron.  Grocery shop.  And, at some point, get my butt off the sofa.

Have a wonderful day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. I love those mummy lights! I need to get into the Halloween spirit. It'll be here and gone before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well suprise adult sleepovers are ALWAYS a fun time. :) And you ran for an hour and half? Good Lord, the only thing I can do for an hour and half, other than sleep, is blob out on the couch. Amazing!

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete