Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Update: The Calm Before the Storm Edition

Good Evening, Kittens. 

As I sit here waiting for Sandy, I thought I'd take a few minutes to update you on my week and weekend.

The week was SuperCrazyBusyInsane!  I had a major deadline on Friday plus an event for Energy Action Month on the same day.  I spent most of the week trying to get all of that done.  GAH!  Fortunately, the event was a success (yay!) and I managed to get all of my reports and databases turned in on time (double yay!).

After work on Friday, I was in a celebratory mood, so I came home, put on my pajamas, and made a martini.  As I was settling in for a long night of sofa-blobbing.  My friend, V, texted, "are we still going out tonight?" ... D'oh!  I had totally forgotten about that.  Oops.  SO, I put on real clothes.  He picked me up.  We had a quick dinner in Downtown Silver Spring, and, then, we went to the Green Lantern.  We left around midnight.  It was boozy good times.

I may (or may not) have smoked a cigarette afterwards.

Saturday, I ran errands in the morning and bought supplies at the Giant.  Then, I met my Cute (and Well-Hung) Neighborhood Friend, M, for lunch at El Golfo.  He had never been there before.  Poor guy.

We parted ways after lunch, and I came home and clean clean cleaned my apartment.  Because, later that evening, I held my (usually) Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party.  It was fun.   We drank vanilla-cinnamon infused vodka with apple cider.  Ate Mike (Who Makes Cakes) pumpkin spice cake.  Carved a pumpkin or two.  And talked and drank and ate and talked and drank and ate.  Good times!  Most people left around 11ish.  Tomokito stayed around and chatted until maybe 1?

And, today, I got up and went for a 6 mile run.  And, then, I called some friends.  And I did the post-party washing up. And I ironed for the week.  And I applied for a new job.  And roasted a blue hubbard squash (for a risotto).  And had more cake with my neighbor, K-Factor.  And soon I need to figure out what I want for dinner. Probably leftover blue mashed potatoes and sauteed red kale.

The storm has still not arrived.  I am hoping the Federal Government closes and I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

I am also hoping my power stays on.

Hope you had a great weekend!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping my power stays on and I hope I don't have a swimming pool in my basement when it's all over.

    You stay safe, man!

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay dry and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, too12:25 AM

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping you and the Psychokitty stay warm, dry, and artificially-illuminated during Sandy's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun party. I love pumpkin spice cake, pumpkin carving and vanilla-cinnamon infused vodka with apple cider. I need to move to the East coast!

    Good for you for going back out. Once I'm in my jammies, I am DONE for the night.

    Hope Sandy was kind to you.

    ReplyDelete