The RIF that Keeps on Giving
Reduction in Force.
So far, I have not been reduced ... or resignated. But, each day dawns with a renewed sense of dread. The stress is palpable. And that's just emanating from me.
Just in case, I am going to enact a personal Austerity Plan. No frivolous spending ... After I get back from vacation. Assuming I still have a job to take a vacation from. Nevertheless, let's consider March 13-30 my last (spending) hurrah.
There are still a few necessities (not really) that I need to buy - like more dirt (soil) for my new raised beds. I already have the seeds. At least I'll be able to grow some of my own food. Like a real live Pioneer Woman. Unless the neems attack all my plants. I do have Neem Oil, but it isn't always effective.
Tomorrow, I am getting pierced. It's an act of rebellion. Because I never got to go through that period when I was a teenager. I was "the good kid." I will probably post pix on the IG and the Bluest of Skies.
I've already registered (and paid) for pottery class, which is good. Something fun to look forward to. The current session ends on March 11. The next one begins on April 22 (Happy Earth Day).
In preparation for the worst, I am starting to update my (non-federal government) resume. There is a county job open that I am interested in. It would be a significant pay cut, but some pay is better than no pay. Right? Right? The job market here is going to SUCK soon.
UGH.
One of the things I have learned this Dry February is that you can still spend an entire evening doom scrolling on your phone without sipping bourbon the whole time. It is not as fun. But, one doesn't wake up hungover. Which, I suppose, is a plus.
On a positive note, the fancy stationery I ordered arrived. My letter writing project might start soon. Exciting.
i can't even imagine how stressed you must be; it's probably half-tempting to just quit to get the suspense over with
ReplyDeletei hope vacation is a glorious time of not remembering how stressed out you are!!!