Reflections

 Why is it I can't remember my Hebrew lessons from one day to the next, yet I put on some J-Pop from my favorite group (Spitz) from when I lived in Japan (1995-1998) and I can remember Every. Single. Word?  Of almost every song.

GAH!

I have a theory that my brain can only hold 2 languages at a time.  And, even though I haven't spoken Japanese is nearly 30 years, my brain is all like "Hello, Language That Is Not English.  You must be Japanese."

Which would explain why every time I try to say something in Spanish to my (very lovely) house cleaners, if I don't know a word, I replace it with the Japanese equivalent.  Cue v. confused looks.

ANYWAY,

I intended to post more frequently that I have been.  You know what they say about good intentions, though.

Adjusting to 5 days/week in the office has been trying.  Maybe it will get better.  I am not hopeful. I spent most of this weekend doing all the things I would normally be able to do during the week (when not encumbered by a (total) 2+ hour commute each day). Grocery shopping.  Meal prep.  Laundry. Cookie baking (because, cookies!). At some point I need to figure out a time to get all my tax paperwork together.

Not to mention vacation planning. The SigNoth and I are heading to Israel (to see the grandbaby ... and his parents, I suppose) and Latvia (to help middle daughter return from a year study abroad).

This afternoon, we will be heading out shortly to meet the latest Great Niece. Then, I need to bake a lasagna (dinner/meal prep).  And read some of my latest trashy gay romance novel.  It is spicy.  Eventually a review will be up on Buzzy and Buddy's IG.

No Superb Owl for me.  I need to hit the hay early ... it's another week. Yay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back (from Vacation)

If We Took a Holiday ...

Too Early But Not Early Enough