New Title. Same Me.

 Hello, Kittens.  

I'm back.  We'll see for how long ... LOL.

The other day I read a skeet from Tom and Lorenzo that said, "My one bit of hashtag-resist advice is to start a blog.  I'm 100 percent serious. A blog, a newsletter, a tumblr - whatever.  The blogging craze erupted largely in response to the Bush era & it's time for the people to reclaim their own platforms.  Whatever you use social media for, put it on your blog."

So that's what I'm doing, reclaiming my blogging.  I feel like "Vicious Unrepentant Bitter Old Queen" doesn't define who I am any more.  That was back in my free-wheeling sex-fueled 30s and 40s.  Now that I'm mid-50 (ack! when did that happen?), I'm reclaiming the blog and modifying the moniker. I think I am much more a Vibrant (Still) Unrepentant Badass Old Queer (even though the word "queer" brings up all sorts of unpleasant bullying memories).

Meanwhile, I am going to gradually transition away from the Book of Faces.  I have already stopped posting to the Site Formerly Known as Twitter (but I still use it for updates from my county).  I'm not sure what I will do about Instagram yet.  And, I will try to be better about posting on the Bluesky (find me there as "sed317"). Lots to think about in the coming days.

Hold my hand and we're halfway there.

Comments

  1. I've dusted off the blog on my website, too. Outside of Bluesky, every other platform feels dangerous. Facebook, and then Twitter, and then Insta, made connecting so easy, but I fear we gave something up in the deal that we shouldn't have. I'm going to try connecting directly to my friends again. Emails, Christmas cards, and *gasp* phone calls!

    I like swapping out "vicious" for "vibrant". I'm also mid-fifties (ack!) and while I still feel as capable as I ever was, I have less....speed? That's not quite the right word. In my 20s, I was just go go go, do it all, work hard, don't stop. Now I still get it all done, but at a human pace. I glow instead of shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You’re back.

    For an Instagram alternative, try Pixelfed. Otherwise someone is supposedly developing a Instagram alternative based on Bluesky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment