Bears, Books, and Coffee
As some of you may know, I am the emotional support human (ESH) for a pair of elderly gay bears, Buzzy and Buddy. They came to live with me 15 or so years ago, when they were unceremoniously evicted from their home.
I believe the words my mother used were, "They are your bears, either take them or into the trash they go." (Not a direct quote and, technically, only Buzzy is mine. Buddy belonged to my brother.)
Needless to say, they live a very posh life with me meeting all of their needs, especially providing them with books to read. Did you know elderly gay bears love to read? They love it so much they started an Instagram account (@gaybearbookclub - feel free to give them a follow). Many, many famous authors follow them.And, by "many, many", I mean "3".
They prefer to read books about bears (or that have bears in them) ... gay or not. They don't discriminate. I have been pushing them to branch out and diversify their reading. After a year of books about gardening and cooking, this year it's all about the LGBTQIA+ Romance Novels. They need to take their minds off of current events and the terrible state of things. Eggs! Why are they so expensive? (hashtag bird flu)
They recently finished "The Gentleman's Book of Vices" by Jess Everlee and will be posting a review in the next day or so. (Spoiler alert: 4 paws up!) They have a couple of books in queue - "Liar City" by Allie Therin and "The Pairing" by Casey McQuiston (the author of "Red, White, and Royal Blue").
Do you have any book recommendations for them? They want romance-romance. Like Pride and Prejudice, but gay. The presence of bears would be a bonus. Drop your suggestions in the comments!
Coffee Time! Buzzy and Buddy don't drink coffee, but I do. I NEEEEEEEEEED it. And, on Saturday, the SigNoth and I went to a coffee tasting at Zeke's Coffee in DC. It was so fun. We sampled 4 unique coffees (from Haiti, Colombia, Kenya, and Bol.ivia). I may (or may not) have paid extra to receive 4oz sample bags of each type of beans. I am very looking forward to trying them all.
And, I guess that's it for now. *huggles*

Are there any photos of a young vuboq with a young Buzzy (and perhaps Buddy, too)?
ReplyDeleteThere are some pictures somewhere. I will see if I can find them.
Delete