Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Still Shutdown ...

Government Shutdown Day 7 Activity 3: Naptime! Oh yeah ...Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

It looks like M and I might be getting back together.  Recently, we've had amazing times together.  And, he seems to be open to us going to counseling.  I am hoping both individual and couple.  BUT, I haven't had the inclination to look into it because.  well.  I am stressed out about the whole stupid Government Shutdown.

I AM GETTING SHUTDOWN ZITS!  WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!

As for the other guy I was casually dating (remember: the hot bad kisser?), I let him down easy.

WHICH, brings me to the title of my new book idea: How to Let Him Down Easy by Not Returning His Phone Calls.

I KID!  I did return his phone calls.  well, his text messages.  And I was all "this just isn't working for me."  Because it wasn't.  I don't get it.  He was super-hot. Smart.  Good job.  Nice guy. BUT, I wasn't all that into him.  *sigh*  I should have been.  Oh, well.

I have been baking a lot.

I made Carrot Cake Cookies.

Government Shutdown Day 8 Activity 4: MOAR COOKIES (Carrot cake cookies)

And Cookie Butter Coffee Cake.

 Bam! Cookie Butter Coffee Cake!

And, although this isn't baking, a fucking amazing Peanut Soup!

Peanut Soup!

I am still taking tap dance.

And making bad pottery.

And I made more habenero hot sauce.

And I'm infusing some vodka with lemons and habeneros.

Government Shutdown Day 9 Activity 1: Lemon Habenero Infused Vodka

And, I should really work on updating my resume.  And applying for jobs.  Because who knows when (or if!) this stupid shutdown (which is keeping me from a job I really like) will end.

I should also clean my house.  And maybe do the ironing.

Or I could just watch DVDs and take naps and drink martinis.

Hmmmm...



4 comments:

  1. I hope the bad kisser took it well. Really, bad kissing would almost be a deal breaker for me.

    Good luck on the shutdown, I fully believe it will be resolved at the 11th hour (and 55th minute, probably), mainly because I believe the Republicans overlords (ie the rich on Wall Street and in corporations) dont want the economic havoc that would result. They'll make the Rs put a stop to it.

    And hey, if I was off work for three weeks, I probably wouldn't clean my house either. I KNOW I damn sure wouldn't be ironing. And I probably would be watching DVDs and getting drunk. So we're both on the same page there. :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back to work! Also, no more throwing things allowed. Or hissy fits of any stripe. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrot Cake Cookies!?! Cookie Butter Coffee Cake!?! Why have I never heard of these marvelous things?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you watched DVDs, took naps and drank martinis.
    You know, it's really cruel of you to post such yummy looking pics when all I have in the house are rice cakes.

    ReplyDelete