Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Update: Best Day of the Year Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

As you may know, yesterday (3/17) was the Best Day of the Year!  And, I spent the entire Best Day of the Year weekend in fabulous and exciting New York City!  *w00t*

But, before I left, M came over on Thursday night for a little pre-birthday celebration (and a lot of hot buttsecks).  He gave me a watch as my present, which was very sweet ... but also shows that he doesn't listen very well.  I had suggested that he not buy me a present, but should cook dinner or something for me sometime in the near future. 

Anyway, this is the watch:

Untitled


It is cute.  and green.

Then, Friday morning, there may (or may not) have been more buttsecks and I may (or may not) have been a smidge late for work ...

It was after work when the real fun began.  I metro'ed over to Union Station and had time to have 2 cocktails, a beer, and locate a likker store that sold little boxes of wine before boarding my train to NYC.

I arrived in NYC around 10PM-ish and headed to Jake's condo in Greenpoint/Williamsburg.  We ended up chatting and drinking and watching TV until very late.

The next morning, we got up and went to pick up my bib number for the NYC Half Marathon.

This is the number you should be cheering for tomorrow morning!


And, then, we walked to Uni-Qlo for a little Retail Therapy.  I was very good and only bought 3 pairs of pants, 3 dress shirts, and 2 ties.  Yay me!

Untitled


Then, we headed back to Brooklyn for brunch at this cute little French bistro-y place, the name of which I have forgotten.  But it was tasty.  And cute.

We spent the rest of the afternoon blobbing on the sofa and watching TV, and later that evening, went to a cute little restaurant, Adelina's for pre-half-marathon-carb-loading.

It was very yummerz.

The next day (Sunday) was the Best Day of the Year.  I woke up at 5:15AM, got dressed, and headed to the NYC Half Marathon Starting Line.  This is what I look like at that time of the morning:

Untitled


The run went REALLY well.  I beat my personal best half marathon time by a little more than 6 minutes, finishing in 1:56:21.  YAY ME! 

My results were as follows:

Overall: 5954
Gender: 3780
Age Place (40-44): 604

And, my split times:
5K - 00:28:51
10K - 00:56:57
15K - 01:24:08
20K - 01:50: 45

UntitledFINISHER!


After finishing and finding Jake, we hobbled back to his place.  I cleaned up and we went to Enid's for brunch.  Bloody Marys! Free Guinness Mimosa (because it was the Best Day of the Year!)!  And, this:

Veggie Bear (veggie sausage, egg on a biscuit with gravy ) and cheese grits!


Nom nom nom nom nom.

Jake and I spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening blobbing on the sofa.  I may have had a couple of glasses of vodka ...

THEN, we headed to the Upper East Side for a birthday dinner with David and Ray.  We went to Candle 79, a delicious (if a bit over-priced) vegan restaurant.  We started with an eco-cocktail each.  I had the Cardamom Pom, which was quite tasty.  And, then, we shared several appetizers - steamed dumplings, a "cheese" plate, and an avocado tartare.  For my entree, I had the Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Cake.  And, for dessert, David and I split the Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bliss.  Tasty!

After dinner, we walked over to the Carlyle Hotel bar for another round of over-priced (but delicious) drinks.

And, then, it was like after midnight.  How did that happen?  So we all parted ways.

This morning, I packed.  Ran to Uni-Qlo to pick up my pants, which had been hemmed.  And, then, eventually, boarded the train and headed home.

So, all in all, a pretty durn awesome Best Day of the Year weekend, no?

Tonight, there is no pottery class  BOO! ... but, M may be coming over for post-birthday celebrations!  YAY!

*smooches*


3 comments:

  1. Yay for pretty clothes and accessories, and noms! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for all that running, it sounds like a great best day of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu look much better after the run than before, which frankly boggles my mind, as I've never looked after running. Even if it's just across a street.

    Good job on the better time!

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete