Too Early But Not Early Enough

 6:00AM.

With the new normal, I should be on a bus to the metro station, where I board a train and then another train to arrive at my office bright and early and chipper as a newborn squirrel.

Today is special, though.  It's Pottery Class Registration Day.  Which is surprisingly competitive.  The DMV has too many Type A Soccer Moms (and Dads). In order to register for class, I have to log on at 6:30AM and hope the Pottery Gods are kind to me in the registration queue.  We shall see ... so exciting.

After I register, I will then board a bus and a train ... and another train to get to my office.  Depending on what time I arrive, I will either work late (ugh) or take some leave (also, ugh).  Being totally honest, I will more than likely take leave because I hate being at work late.  

This would be a perfect day to telework.  If we were allowed to telework.  Too bad Danger Yam (as one of my mutuals calls He Who Must Not Be Named) thinks it's ok if he teleworks from Florida but not if anyone else does.  Classic do as I say, not as I do.

Alas, the life of a lowly federal employee.

In other news, I went to pottery class last night.  Our instructor asked us to work on a session long project.  I decided to build a garden totem.  I have thrown a total of 8 large(ish) pieces, open ended cylinders of various sizes and shapes plus a bowl for the top.  Most are ready to glaze. I have decided that the totem will be monochromatic, but I need to decide on a glaze.  Once that decision is made the glazing process will be relatively quick and easy.

After that comes the complicated bit - construction.  I have no idea how to do that.  Other than getting a long steel rod and perhaps some hardware.  Also, probably some metal plates/disks to go in between each ceramic cylinder.  I have enlisted the help of a former neighbor.  I am expecting chaos.

20 minutes until registration.  Time goes by.  So slowly.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back (from Vacation)

Shaken. Bruised. And Just the Facts.

Weekend Update: Thanks for the Memories, NYC!