If We Took a Holiday ...

 Happy Presidents' Day!

Since I last posted, so much has happened ... I think.  

I was going to bake my parents heart-shaped biscuits, because -when we were wee lads- my mom used to bake my brother and I heart-shaped biscuits on Valentine's morning.  They were not as good as the biscuits I make now.

However, after I grated the frozen butter in my food processor, I tipped it out into the flour and the handle on the food processor broke.  The bowl fell into the flour.  I dug out a few pieces of plastic and a spring, and I threw it all in the trash.  I called the manufacturer.  They are sending me a new bowl ... in 2-3 weeks.  UGH.  HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE BISCUITS NOW?!?!?

The SigNoth caught a cold, so Valentine's Day was even more of a bust.  Not that I really buy into the whole pseudo-holiday thing anyway.

Saturday, I did my taxes. Refund, yay!  And, I ordered some nice stationery.  I thought it would be fun to use my fancy new fountain pen (with left-handed nib!) and fancy new fountain pen ink to write fancy letters to fancy friends on fancy new paper.  And mail them.  With unfancy old stamps that I have shoved in a drawer somewhere.

Sunday, I went to my across the street neighbors' home for snacks and games.  V. Windy. The power went out.  Good times.  I made the SigNoth come pick me up, because he still had the juice.  

My 'hood's power was eventually restored around 10PM or so.

Today, I was supposed to meet friends for Cake Club.  We gather every few months to bake a cake.  And then we eat cake.  It is possibly the best club ever.  Our plan was to bake a Meyer Lemon Rosemary Cake.  BUT, my friend who was hosting caught a cold.  

What is up with all this sickness recently? I blame the current administration and their terrible choice for HHS Secretary.

Instead of Cake Club, I met my BFF for lunch in DTSS.  Then, I returned home and made refried bean and cheese pupusas and curtido for my lunches this week. I haven't made pupusas before.  Perhaps they will be good ... I have emergency frozen lasagna slices in the freezer if they are not. #planning

Oh, and my Nook died, so I ordered a newer, better Nook - the Lenovo 9" Tablet Nook.  It is fancy and blue.  I can read magazines from the library for free.  I also checked out two travel guides - Israel and Latvia.  And YA novel that is a reimagined Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde from a non-white, non-cishet male perspective.

My Hebrew is still terrible.

Tomorrow is pottery.  Wednesday morning is registration for the next session.  



Comments

  1. HHS sec is a fucking moron and he's going to (continue to) get humans killed.

    I've been looking at Boox (https://shop.boox.com/collections/all) for when my Kindle dies but who knows. My Kindles tend to last a veeeery long time.

    I read yesterday that a full 1% of the population has Covid right now. No idea if it's true because the government's basically broken, but it does seem like everybody's sick. Maybe I should go get even moar vaccines?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back (from Vacation)

Shaken. Bruised. And Just the Facts.

Weekend Update: Thanks for the Memories, NYC!