Sunday Scaries
Well, it's happened.
Friday morning, we had an all-hands meeting and were told we would need to report to the office 5 days/week starting at the end of the month.
Friday afternoon, we received an email that was all "Haha. J/K! You have to report to the office 5 days/week starting on Monday. LOL"* This Monday. Also known as tomorrow.
Putting aside the complete lack of respect for employees and the disorganization of the announcement, giving parents approximately 48 hours to figure out updated child care arrangements was rude. Leadership can not spout off about how they admire the work being done, but then turn around and do the opposite of admiration.
Luckily (not really), I know how Total A**holes operate. I told my coworkers after the Inauguration that we should expect to come back this Monday. How did I know this? Our entire agency's telework agreements expire on an annual basis on January 31st. And, we had received announcements telling us not to renew our agreements until we received further direction, which we never received.
Since then, I have been researching vegetarian meal prep recipes and buying bento boxes and storage containers. This weekend was spent fighting off a cold (lots of zinc, lots of isolation, lots of rest (LOL. Not really. Who can rest with all this stress?). I baked biscuits, sheetpan frittata, cooked rice, and made a sweet potato, kale, black bean stew thing.
The biscuits/frittata should be at least 2 weeks of breakfasts. The rice/stew will be for one week.
I was thinking of baking cookies. That did not happen. Maybe next weekend? Probably not.
I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight (around 9). Wake up will be at 5:10AM. Oh, and I set out 5 outfits for the week. I need to be at the bus stop by 5:50. I will not have too much time to think in the morning.
Wish me luck! *heart*
*Not a direct quote
Comments
Post a Comment