These Dreams
After a night of fairly intense and slightly disturbing dreams, I remember waking up early this morning and being in that state of not-quite awake/ not-quite asleep, that point where I was aware of my surroundings, but still felt like I was dreaming. Combine that feeling with my very imperfect vision and the objects in my room and the shadows they cast take on new shapes and meanings.
As I peeked over my covers towards one of my closets, I saw the creepy evil character from Ju-on (The Grudge) hovering over me. GAH!
36-years-old and still cowering under the covers, trying to convince myself that a) the creepy evil character from Ju-on isn't really there and 2) um? hello? she's a movie character; she doesn't really exist anyway.
Eventually, I fell back into a fitful sleep, but once it got a little lighter, I checked again to make sure she wasn't there.
Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh, how I wish he'd go away
--William Hughes Mearns
As I peeked over my covers towards one of my closets, I saw the creepy evil character from Ju-on (The Grudge) hovering over me. GAH!
36-years-old and still cowering under the covers, trying to convince myself that a) the creepy evil character from Ju-on isn't really there and 2) um? hello? she's a movie character; she doesn't really exist anyway.
Eventually, I fell back into a fitful sleep, but once it got a little lighter, I checked again to make sure she wasn't there.
Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh, how I wish he'd go away
--William Hughes Mearns
I hardly ever remember my dreams. I'm glad.
ReplyDeletei have bad dreams all the time. in fact, my dreams tend to be on the very active, technicolour that only paxil's generic replacement can create. i talk in my sleep so much it's a family joke.
ReplyDelete