A Night In
Good Morning, Kittens.
Ah, another day down and the Weekend of Fabulousness slowly but surely approaches.
Yesterday, I had to attend a meeting characterized by clusterfuckery. First, the meeting was scheduled to start at 10, but didn't get underway until 10:30. Second, the people presenting did not seem well-prepared. And, third, when it was my turn to present, they started to skip over me. W.T.F? I gave my presentation and did something that was (unbeknownst to me) a little shocking: I said 'no' to the two-star general. Seriously, he was asking for something unreasonable. And, I didn't say it wouldn't be done. I said that I wasn't going to be the person to do it. We all have boundaries. And one of mine seems to be an unwillingness to be at work at 11PM on a weekend to read an electricity meter.
Once home, I decided to go for a run. yay! Then, I had a martini and made dinner. I was supposed to meet C last night, but we had to reschedule. Instead, I blobbed on the sofa, chatted with friends, and worked on arranging a first date with F. Summer of Fun, kittens. Summer. of. Fun.
Today, I have been trying to catch up on a bunch of little projects. Later this afternoon, I have a tour/meeting at the US Green Building Council. And, tonight is laundry. Oh, yeah. Good times.
Have a great day! *smooches*
Back in my salad days I was told to sweep the leaves off the front walkway of the office where I was working. I hadn't learned the power of "no" yet. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteSaying no to a two-star general? Dude, you are SO my hero!
ReplyDeleteDr. Liz (and yes, I know that sounds pretentious, but I ask you, where else do I get to use my Ph.D. these days, other than on Blogger?!?)