Shaky McShakerson!
Good Morning, Kittens!
I felt the earth
move
under my
feet.
Or bed. Or something. We had an earthquake! Exciting. If only I remembered it happening ...
I woke up around 5AM this morning. And, then, got all confused about what day it was. Saturday? Thursday? Friday? Do I have to go to work? I finally worked out that it was Friday and fell back asleep.
When the alarm went off a few minutes later, NPR was all "OMG! EARTHQUAKE! ARMAGEDDON! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!*"
So, anyway, yesterday was certainly fun with all the Meeting Clusterfuckery. Once I got home, I relaxed for a minute. Then, I went for a run (about 4 miles, I think. Maybe a smidge less). After that, I sat on the sofa and blobbed.
This weekend there is a lot going on. I'm going to see the documentary Stonewall Uprising this evening (if it's not sold out). It's either going to be a "Friends Outing" or a "Date" ... depending on who shows up.
Saturday, I'm taking the Hana-chan Express to the baptism of Baby Forrest. Everyone pray that I don't burst into flames the moment I enter the chapel. That would be bad. On Sunday, I need to go to the pottery studio. And, on Monday (since I'm off. again!), I will be meeting Mike (Who Makes Cakes) for lunch. At some point during the weekend, I will be hanging out with Nida, who is in town with her husband. Yay!
All in all, it should be pretty cool.
Have a great Friday! *smooches*
*OK. They weren't really all like that.
Bursting into flames is certainly a way to make an unforgettable entrance, though.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in DC the earthquake was here in Ottawa. Now I'm in Ottawa the earthquake is in DC. Jeez, I miss all the fun.
ReplyDeleteHave a fund weekend.
Yeah I know--I can't go in churches made out of wood for the same reason. Not that I care though.
ReplyDeleteUh -- I thought you were always flamming whether in church or not.
ReplyDeleteI kid, I kid.
Yeahhhhhhh, was wondering about you and the earthquake!
ReplyDeleteI will carry a fire extinguisher with me.
ReplyDeleteBursting into flames would be Most Impressive! If that happens, please have someone take pictures! ;-)
ReplyDelete