My Desk
Cubicles are boring. Mine is this icky shade of greenyblue fabric. I have worked in this cubicle for nearly 3 years. I have succeeded in covering nearly all of the icky greenyblueness with interesting things. Here is a quick inventory of (nonwork-related) items in my cubicle:
(Starting from my left and working around) -
Now you can sleep at night.
(Starting from my left and working around) -
- Postcards from New Orleans, Niagra Falls, Los Angeles, San Francisco (2), Costa Rica, New York City, Mexico, Japan, Vietnam, Morocco, Venice, Azores, Budapest, Florence, Paris, and Sardinia (2).
- Mardi Gras Beads and Mask
- Stuffed Totoro
- Stuffed Tibeten Yeti Christmas Tree Ornament
- Stuffed Chik-fil-a Cow
- Stuffed Devil
- Little Banner of some Chinese Saying (I don't remember what it says)
- Chinese fortune cookie fortune: It is during difficult times that true friends become apparent.
- Chinese fortune cookie fortune: Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
- Hones-Tea lid: A person is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
- Candy Canes (2, from different Christmases)
- Several Christmas cards
- Little Mexican Pyramid
- Red rubber duck with horns pencil topper
- Pink plastic easter egg
- yarn chicks (2)
- Portuguese lucky rooster
- remote control car (with dead batteries)
- Cicada exoskeleton
- Battery-operated coffee stirrer/frother (courtesy Token Asian)
- Photo of Santa Lucia (from the National Gallery of Art, taken by Robert)
- Corn car magnet/toy
- Statue of some Indian god/goddess (from John's trip to India)
- Reindeer poop jelly bean dispenser (also from Token Asian)
- 3 coffee mugs
- another toy car
- 5 free 1-liter coke tops
- Another Chinese banner (I can't remember what it says either)
- Grasshopper finger puppet
Now you can sleep at night.
3 things:
ReplyDelete1. According to my sources (doesn't that sound all spy-like and mysterious?), the Horned owl says "Who cooks for you", while the Barred owl says "Who cooks for you-all". Apparently this is an important distintion in birder-world. I think birders are odd, but who am I to judge?
2. What is a yarn chick?
3. Can I have one? :D
~~Chelsea
Exoskeleton. Cool.
ReplyDeleteWhich Hindu deity? Kali?
Could you be more gay?
;-)
I'm so honored that some of my trinkets have been selected to spend time with you in your cubicle! I forgot where I got that reindeer poop toy...Tokyo? Korea? Hiroshima?
ReplyDelete