Could It Possibly Be True?

It's supposed to get up to 70 degrees today and tomorrow. Has Spring finally arrived? Or is March simply being a tease and plans on kicking us in the balls a few days from now with freezing cold temperatures? March is a bitch. Or a lamb. Or a lion. Whatever.

I'm beginning to think that I'm becoming a regular at a few spots in my Downtown Silver Spring 'Hood.

Exhibit A: The owner of Adega Wine Shop and Cafe regularly makes recommendations and tells me what's coming up on new menus that he thinks I'll like.

Exhibit B: Yesterday afternoon at Starbucks, the cute behind the counter order taking boy was all "Hey!" and smiles when I walked in the door.

Exhibit C: This morning, the little girl at the Chik-fil-a had placed my order and rung it up before I even said anything (Egg and Cheese Biscuit and Large Coffee. $2.82).

In other news, dinner at Mi Rancho was cheese-a-licious. I had the cheese enchiladas smothered in cheese. And a margarita. Yum. Good food, hot date, and helping to raise money for a worthy cause. What could be better?

Ooh! Ooh! I know! I know!

My friend, Tomoko, is participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. If anyone would like to help her reach her fundraising goal, please visit her donation page. *smooches* to anyone who contributes!

And, one final thought (for now):

Memo to Drivers:

The it's-all-my-fault-raised-hand is admirable in college basketball players admitting responsibility for a foul; however, after you deliberately run a red light to turn left across a major thoroughfare and cause a very large bus to slam on its brakes to avoid turning your SUV into a pancake, the hand wave isn't such a good idea ... Unless it means that I can now send your license tag number into the police. Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back (from Vacation)

Shaken. Bruised. And Just the Facts.

Weekend Update: Thanks for the Memories, NYC!