The Woke Mind Virus ...

 ... is empathy.

I don't remember where I saw that, so, unfortunately, I can't credit the author.  

Empathy.  It seems a lot of people have lost that particular skill. And I wonder what we need to do to help people regain it.

I suppose it is best to speak up and share experiences, which is why I am sad that one of my agency's programs that I was both a participant and a two-time facilitator has been suspended.  It provided people of all types the opportunity to learn from each other in a shared "safe space."

I knew my co-facilitator and I had been successful in creating said safe space when, at the start of one of our sessions, a participant asked, "Why can't we say All Lives Matter?" A question that could have provoked anger and hurtful words instead sparked a thoughtful and respectful discussion in which, I think, we all learned a little.

Empathy.

We need more of this virus in our lives.

And, now, I am going to drink the rest of this here martini ...

And, eventually, I am going to figure out how to add photos to this here blog.

Comments

  1. Maura6:37 AM

    Fun times that you are back to your blog! I am looking forward to reading it. And in response to this post, yes, empathy. The world needs more of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back (from Vacation)

Shaken. Bruised. And Just the Facts.

Weekend Update: Thanks for the Memories, NYC!