It's a Little Late for a Weekend Update

 Over the holiday weekend, the SigNoth and I decided to escape the DC Inauguration Craziness.  We found a cheap (but nice enough) beachfront hotel in Rehoboth Beach.  We left Friday after work and returned on Tuesday afternoon.

Although the weather was cold, we did have a couple of nice, sunny days and took some long walks on the beach.  We ate at some good restaurants.  It was (maybe not so) surprisingly crowded.  We usually needed reservations for evening meals (and for Sunday Brunch at the Victoria).

We read books and played games, creating a tabletop curling drinking game in the process.  We did not do any sort of Polar Bear swim.  Because *brrrr* we are not insane.  

There are photos on my IG (@sed317).

I made some rough sketches of my pottery project this session.  And, I did some thinking about how to step away from billionaire-owned social media sites.

Other than re-starting this blog, I began thinking about the Book of Faces and a path forward there.  One of the things I like about TBOF is that I have connected with a lot of friends from my past with whom I had lost touch. Deleting my account would, once again, remove them from my life (even if their current presence is only a random post or two that shows up on my feed every now and again).

So, I thought, "What if I tried to revive Writing Letters?"  Remember those?  Stamps?  Envelopes? I have a cute new fountain pen with a variety of ink.  How fun would it be to receive a hand-written letter from a friend with updates on their lives?

There are a couple of issues: 1. Deciding how many letters to write each month, and B. How to get addresses.  Both seem surmountable.  Maybe I will start in February.

What are your thoughts, Dear Reader? (Srsly, there probably is only one reader of this. #itme)

Can you tell I've been reading a lot of gay romance novels taking place in the times of Letter-Writing?

Comments

  1. Letter writing always seems like a good idea to me, and then I do it enthusiastically for a while and then it tapers off. And didn't we grow up near the end of the times of Letter-Writing? ;-) And while I don't really stay in touch much, I would miss you if you disappeared. So I hope you keep the blog going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 PM

    That sounds DELIGHTFUL. A good reason to buy more cute stationery, maybe get better at sketching…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle M.7:33 PM

    Letters would be fun. Cards and postcards, too. I'm game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. w00t! I just ordered some new stationery.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back (from Vacation)

Shaken. Bruised. And Just the Facts.

Weekend Update: Thanks for the Memories, NYC!