18 Pounds
Good Morning, Kittens.
Yesterday was certainly full of fun and adventure. I went to the pottery studio. I made these:
It's a bowl.
It's a vase.
As I was cleaning up, I thought I dropped a sponge into the Slop Bucket (the ginourmous industrial size garbage bin in which everyone dumps their waste clay/water). I stuck my hand into the murky depths and felt something large ... and hard.
Using both hands, I pulled it out. It was about 18 pounds (I weighed it) of brand new clay with a couple of "failed" projects stuck to it. My guess is that some student purchased the clay, tried to make a few things, became frustrated, and tossed hir entire bag of clay into the slop bucket.
Too bad for them. Good for me. Free clay. It rocks.
After pottery, I headed into the District to meet CJ for dinner. Sharing my car of the train from Fort Totten to Metro Center was a young gentleman who either had a very bad case of the Tourette's Syndrome or was mentally challenged in some way. Every minute or so, he would scream/yell as loud as he could. He was accompanied by another man who kept talking to him in a low voice. It seemed to help ... some. Still. Yikes.
I met CJ at Dupont Circle and we went to Alero. Spinach Enchiladas. Margaritas. Yum. Good times.
Today is busy-busy. I decided to have the 8th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party on Saturday. It is smaller than most years. I only invited about 20 people. And it is BYOE (Bring Your Own Everything). I'm going to make an apple cider/cranberry punch and supply the carving materials. Should be a good time, but -before the good time- there is the cleaning and the getting ready.
Happy Friday! Have a fun weekend. *smooches*
Yesterday was certainly full of fun and adventure. I went to the pottery studio. I made these:
As I was cleaning up, I thought I dropped a sponge into the Slop Bucket (the ginourmous industrial size garbage bin in which everyone dumps their waste clay/water). I stuck my hand into the murky depths and felt something large ... and hard.
Using both hands, I pulled it out. It was about 18 pounds (I weighed it) of brand new clay with a couple of "failed" projects stuck to it. My guess is that some student purchased the clay, tried to make a few things, became frustrated, and tossed hir entire bag of clay into the slop bucket.
Too bad for them. Good for me. Free clay. It rocks.
After pottery, I headed into the District to meet CJ for dinner. Sharing my car of the train from Fort Totten to Metro Center was a young gentleman who either had a very bad case of the Tourette's Syndrome or was mentally challenged in some way. Every minute or so, he would scream/yell as loud as he could. He was accompanied by another man who kept talking to him in a low voice. It seemed to help ... some. Still. Yikes.
I met CJ at Dupont Circle and we went to Alero. Spinach Enchiladas. Margaritas. Yum. Good times.
Today is busy-busy. I decided to have the 8th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party on Saturday. It is smaller than most years. I only invited about 20 people. And it is BYOE (Bring Your Own Everything). I'm going to make an apple cider/cranberry punch and supply the carving materials. Should be a good time, but -before the good time- there is the cleaning and the getting ready.
Happy Friday! Have a fun weekend. *smooches*
Have fun! (Wish I was there.)
ReplyDeleteI love BYOE. What a fun acronym.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for clay!
"I stuck my hand into the murky depths and felt something large ... and hard." - pity it wasn't something else (heh heh heh)! pervy monkey!
ReplyDeletesrsly, free clay is good clay; and who knows what may come of it!
have a good weekend, dear one!
Wish I could make this year's carving party. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteApple cider-cranberry punch?! I'd die to go to that fiesta! Though I for probz would cut off all of my fingaz via pumpakin carving.
ReplyDeleteI have extra large sized bags of candy corn for you. Also, as an experiment, candy corn flavored Hershey's kisses. Those might be gross, but thought they were funny -- candy flavored like other candy.
ReplyDeleteoff topic, but i really, really like your blog...
ReplyDeleteFree anything is great! Lucky.
ReplyDelete