Lovely, dear! I like the contrasting textures from top to bottom. Any idea what glaze you'll use? Can't wait to see it finished. Do please keep us updated on the glorious pottery.
I'm back. I will be posting about my vacation soon. Well, soonish ... maybe this weekend. I dunno. Also, I came back to a big pile of stress at work. Good times. Can I go on vacation again? (Why, yes. Yes, I can. I'll be flying to Atlanta for Pesach. Just the weekend. Not the whole dang thing. My body needs gluten. And, then, a quick trip to NC in early May to see the 'rents.) ANYWAY. Israel and Latvia posts coming up. Stay tuned. Or just look at the pix on my IG. *hugz*
This is not the post I was intending to write this evening, but ... I need to write things down to sort them out in my head as best as possible. At approximately 2:50PM on my walk home from the metro station, I was attacked from behind. I have walked down Wayne Avenue at least twice a day for 5 years, at all hours of the day and night. I have always felt perfectly safe doing so. Even today didn't seem out of the ordinary. As I approached the intersection of Dale and Wayne, I passed a young black man in his early 20s. I made eye contact and nodded. I crossed Dale and heard a noise. I turned and saw someone running up Dale. That's when I noticed someone following me. I turned off my iPod and reached for my phone. And he jumped me, putting me in a chokehold and trying to pull me to the ground. I began hitting him over my shoulder with my large umbrella (which, sadly, is now in pieces). I hit myself in the head a couple times, too, and have a few lumps. He pulled me to the ...
Good afternoon, kittens! I am back from an ... eventful trip to New York City. I wish I could post more pictures, but, as you will learn in a bit, there is a Very Good Reason. On Friday, after work, I hopped on the Amtrak. It was uneventful ... except I lost my hat. Sad. I really liked that hat. Once, I arrived at Penn Station, I transferred to the subway and rode up to 50th Street. David was attending a show, so I found a little Irish bar, had a beer, and waited for the show to end. Eventually, he found me and we had a late dinner at a Mexican restaurant that was yummy and I have completely forgotten the name. Lime something? Lime Jungle? Something like that anyway. Then, we went back to David's fabulous apartment in Brooklyn. This is the kitchen: Even though it is bigger than my entire apartment, I am not jealous. The next morning, we got up and went to IKEA. David forced me to carry a 7000 pound futon frame for 58 miles through all 42 Burroughs of New York City. Seri...
Pretty!
ReplyDeleteAlways wanted to try that. It looks easy, so I'm absolutely sure it isn't. Love how it looks.
ReplyDeleteLovely, dear! I like the contrasting textures from top to bottom. Any idea what glaze you'll use? Can't wait to see it finished. Do please keep us updated on the glorious pottery.
ReplyDeleteYou are really good at that. It's always looked so difficult to me, this pottery-spinning business.
ReplyDelete