Meanwhile ...

Last night, I had a mini-gathering with some of my neighbors, New Upstairs Neighbor, Diagonally Upstairs Neighbor, and Across the Way Neighbor [NUN, DUN, and AWN?]. We ate cheese and crackers and chips and salsa and hummus and pita and drank Tom Collinses and talked and gossiped and had a good time. Y joined us later.

I like my neighbors. And I like where I live. And it's times like last night when I think, "y'know, I'm really happy with my life" and just thinking that makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. I guess we are all warm and gooey inside, what with all that blood and soft tissue, so I guess I feel warmer and gooeyer than usual.

After the guests left, Y and I went to bed and had much fun sex. Aaaaah. Have I mentioned lately that I am liking him a lot? If not, I am.

As for my exciting weekend plans, after work today, I'm meeting Kristen and Carolyn near the Navy Yard for happy hour. Then, we are going to dinner somewhere near Barracks Row. I am hoping for Banana Cafe. I haven't been there in ages. Today is also Darryl's birthday, but I haven't heard anything about a party or gathering. I guess he is either not having one or I'm not invited. *sigh* Yet another friend who seems to have erased me from his life.

Y is attending some school party in Silver Spring tonight, so we're rendezvousing back at my place this evening. I have given him my spare keys in case he gets there before I do. Hm. I've given him my spare keys. It doesn't seem like a big deal ... but I don't think I ever gave the Cheating Cheater my spare keys. No. I did once, about a month before we broke up, so he could check on Isabella while I was out of town one weekend.

Anyway, on Saturday, we are going to another Fringe Festival production, The Arab-Israeli Cookbook. This one's free. Yay. Then, on Sunday, I'll be meeting Kristen and Carolyn and Tina for a Harry Potter 5 matinee. I think we'll go out to dinner afterwards. Maybe to Jaleo! Mmm. Jaleo!

And that's most of the news that's fit to print. More later. *smooch*

Comments

  1. it's great to have nice neighbors. i'm still searching for mine.

    spare keys are major!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you dig your domestic scene. That's awesome. Like dorm life, only with a better kitchen!

    I went to see HP5 last night, but ended up getting drunk with my friend instead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back (from Vacation)

Shaken. Bruised. And Just the Facts.

Weekend Update: Thanks for the Memories, NYC!